Your thoughts on our Podcast

I would like to listen but I don't have an iPod. Can I listen on my computer?

Rhetorical question. I just hate that every time somebody refers to the "podcast" it's even more free publicity for Apple. Like their stuff isn't hyped enough already. Like before the iPod, the MP3 player did not exist.

I would like to listen but I don't have an iPod. Can I listen on my computer?

Rhetorical question. I just hate that every time somebody refers to the "podcast" it's even more free publicity for Apple. Like their stuff isn't hyped enough already. Like before the iPod, the MP3 player did not exist.

Yep, it's just a regular MP3.

Keep up the good work guys they've been interesting so far.

Next, Monday :) We were actually looking to tape last night but unfortunately between classes tonight and tomorrow, and Me taking my wife and I to see Fall out boy for our anniversary up in the city on sat. We wont be able to tape until Sunday some time.

Hey guys,
I really appreciate your effort with this! So take this in the good spirit it's intended:
1) Stop using the words 'basically' and 'actually' - period.
2) Don't start a story and then preface or qualify it 20 seconds into it.
3) Don't use so many pronouns when discussing multiple entities. He, they, them, etc gets confusing.
4) Use the full wording at least once in a story before using acronyms like FTA.

There are a few of us at work that listen to nothing but podcasts all week long as a group. They cover everything from gaming, home theater, computers, sports and politics. We'd love to see this show succeed but it's very disjointed at present. On the up side, the audio quality and talking points are top tier. We hope you get past your broadcast jitters and really shine as an orator.
-Ward & crew
Cleveland

We are trying. This was only our 3rd show.

I just did a interview, which will be our first of many and I hope you enjoy it when we put up the next edition of the Podcast.

I am amazed at our rating on ITUNES. We can not get any higher on the popularity meter and we are only 3 shows old. :)

On every show you ask people to call in. I think that most of us would hesitate to do so unless we had news to share. but maybe you could profile members occasionally. Just a thought. Clearly you would need their consent/cooperation and I don't see it as a weekly thing but maybe folks would like to know the person behind the poster---or maybe we would be afraid to know.

OK, maybe it's me but I think the pod casts follow the normal flow of this site as in being E* centric. How come no mention of the issue of HR20's being in vary short supply and HR21's being installed, even if you need ATSC tuners? New CE software goes out for the HR20-700 that allows customer to enable a 30 second skip feature and video streaming in media share, not a word. The DoD featuer starts a nation wide roll out in the production code on both the HR20-700 and -100 and it only get's a mention in the Dishonline discussion. I've never heard any mention about the D* remote scheduling beta testing that's going on, but E* gets mention of their beta test. Sorry but as Scott love to say, got to call them as I see them.

DirecTV does not want us talking about CE's on the Podcast.

This is the reason the CE forums here and at DBSTalk are only available to registered members.

It's that simple.

(BTW I didn't get last weeks CE as there was no CE on Friday and I wasn't home on Saturday) :)

BTW I recently asked DirecTV about the lack of HR-20's and here is the reply I got back from them.
The HR20s are not being made any longer and we need to pull back inventory as spares to replace customer's HR20s when they fail. The ordering system may not be fully functional yet so that may be why some customers got HR21s as replacements for HR20s. We will be working to correct this. The intent is to make sure people get HR20s if they use OTA, but new installs will be HR21s.
There is some other activity underway in regards to your other questions but it's a complex process. Stay tuned...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts