YouTube Now Offering 3D Content

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Andrew Robinson
With so many of today's current HDTVs and 3D HDTVs offering Internet connectivity, the online video giant YouTube has added a 3D channel to its site. Featuring a smattering of 3D video clips ranging in length from 30 seconds to two minutes, YouTube 3D makes it easy to tune in and watch 3D clips in HD.
Source & More: hometheaterreview.com

Andrew Robinson
Source & More: hometheaterreview.com

They have set this up to allow SOME video to be switched from one format to another. However I don't think any of them is one of the newer formats supported by the new 3d TV's. Hopefully one of the new formats will be fully supported in the future. Note also that although some tvs support youtube directly or indirectly some restrictions apply. For example the samsung tv doesn't allow going to 3d if you use its youtube widget. I was able to go to the 3d when using the widget from their blu-ray player. But as I said couldn't find a video that was formatted to look correct using side by side 3d. (overlap was to far off on the examples I did find and usually looked stretched. And couldn't select which 3d effect the video was displayed in (you can for some on the PC version of youtube).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)