YouTube on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OTAHDFORME

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
My software was updated to 4A7 this morning and there was an announcement that I should be able to access YouTube listings through SmartSearch. However, I have not yet been able to do so, even after calling Directv Support. The CSR was also not able to access YouTube content on the system she had access to. Nor was she able to come up with any more detailed documentation than what I found here: DIRECTV Can I watch YouTube videos on my TV? Has anyone successfully accessed YouTube Content by performing a SmartSearch? Please ... someone tell me how to get the forum to recognize my line breaks. I'm using FF with NoScript. Perhaps there is something other than satelliteguys.us that I need to "allow" through NoScript? BTW ... yes I do have broadband internet access that is functioning. I downloaded a CMT video through Directv Cinema, just to make sure.

It works for me. Is the box hooked up to the internet? I have a broadband decades system installed so it's internet over coax

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Could you provide a search example that works for you. Although I have checked on YouTube to see if my searches are valid, my choices don't seem to be acceptable.

Problem resolved. I found (and followed) dcd's instructions for a thorough reset. I had done everything listed, but had not previously known the proper order to perform the steps. No Youtube HR23-700 | DIRECTV Receiver Technical Sup | DIRECTV Technical Help Forums "Do a red button (inside card door) reset of the DVR. When it's booted up, do thus: Menu -> .....setup -> system setup -> network setup -> restore defaults. At this point stop and go to your router and disconnect AC power for a minute and plug it back in. When all the lights settle down, go back to the DVR and run the "connect now" command. You should get a "connected to Internet" message."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)