youtube problems on hr24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoggyz3357

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
ct
Hi all, i am having an issue with youtube, i search youtube and the list works but when i try to play content it tells me problem connecting to internet, i am a tech for directv so it is for my hsp account, i have 3 hr24 and 1 hr23, the hr23 works perfect, all 3 of the hr24 wont work, they did a cupple weeks ago. anyways i reset to defaults, reconnected to network, tryed another bb deca, another splitter thing mybe something with that, passed iv at dish and at ird, reset boxes and updated software, i also reset my router for my internet thinking mybe others in my area are brakeing into my connection and maxing my nodes, i am useing 12 nodes, i beleave i can have 16, i am on broadband and useing dir-655 d-link, that i did reset and make new password, at a loss, what else ?, dont make sense the hr23 noproblem, and hr24s did work before, got line from dish to power inserter, from inserter to a 4 way splitter from 4way to 2 ird 1 to deca and 1 going to a 2 way splitter for the other 2 irds. at a loss guys, all cables are directv solid copper and pretty new, what else ???

oh, and pandora and tv apps , directv cinama all work, also shows i am connected with no problems

just tryed a wireless deca and still the same thing, hr24s wont play content from youtube, why ???, tells me problem connecting to internet

Considering you have an HSP account you should know that they are having issues with these right now. Some play 1 song then freezes, some won't connect at all. It's a glitch that's being worked on

And I believe you only have 8 available nodes on your SWM system

umm ?. i have 8 swm channles, my hub has 16 like most peoples, as far as issues with youtube i was not told there was, it does not make sense my hr23 works fine, but i am now asuming it is software with directv on the hr24, i talked to other techs in my home office and they are not having this problem with theres, where did you get info about the clitches you talk of ?

hoggyz3357 said:
umm ?. i have 8 swm channles, my hub has 16 like most peoples, as far as issues with youtube i was not told there was, it does not make sense my hr23 works fine, but i am now asuming it is software with directv on the hr24, i talked to other techs in my home office and they are not having this problem with theres, where did you get info about the clitches you talk of ?

Email. I work for Directv as well ;)

Do you receive blast facts?

Ok, now that it's been established that you both work for Directv, is there any ETA for when this will be fixed? Assume it's a software issue from what I read above? :)

Oh, maybe I read the above wrong - I thought it was an issue for all HR24s...

Well, like the OP, everything works on my HR24/500 up to searching for Youtube videos - but I can't play them. I was able to play them fine about a month or so ago. Now, I get the network error message. My HR34/700 is able to play Youtube videos fine however and they are connected to the internet through the cinema kit that is next to my HR34.

I was hoping it was a software thing and I'd find it hard to believe it's a hardware issue? Hmmm...

Visitor said:
Oh, maybe I read the above wrong - I thought it was an issue for all HR24s...

Well, like the OP, everything works on my HR24/500 up to searching for Youtube videos - but I can't play them. I was able to play them fine about a month or so ago. Now, I get the network error message. My HR34/700 is able to play Youtube videos fine however and they are connected to the internet through the cinema kit that is next to my HR34.

I was hoping it was a software thing and I'd find it hard to believe it's a hardware issue? Hmmm...

It is a software issue. All receiver models run different software that's why the 34 is working and the 24 isn't. As for a fix, haven't heard of one just yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts