Arrrrrg! Wasted hours on phone with CS and ended up canceling order!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fateswarning

Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
San Diego
I got an ad for a bundle offer for the choice extra package for $69. I called and after taking forever, I say to the guy "My monthly bill will be $69 for two years right?" I repeated this again and he confirmed it and sent me to the bundle CS. They then quote me $50 something for phone and internet plus $50 something for TV for $111 total.

I told him what the other guy quoted me and he said there's no way he can do that deal. He said the other CS would go on "escalation" and they would review the call and send me to the "supervisor".

Aftergoing back and forth with him I couldn't get a straight answer why the ad said one thing and price they were quoting me was another. I said just give me the TV deal and I would think about the bundle. He said he would give me an"extra" $5 off (which I later found a coupon for anyway) and that if I didn't go with the bundle it would be $56 for the first year and $75 the second for- one HD DVR and two HD receivers. $15 less if I went with the bundle.

I called back after seeing that there was a better DVR, HMC, but she said it would be another $99 up front. So I said never mind and asked her to confirm what my monthly bill would be and she said 54.95.

I read that they told another member the same thing as me, that I could pause live TV in any room, not true. I also read that if you order online they would waive the $21 shipping fee. So I called to see if I could get the $21 shipping back and how much for another DVR. They said another DVR would be $99 and they would give me the $21 back but had to redo my entire order.

She said everything was the same but when I asked her to confirm my monthly bill it was $61.95. I said it was $54.95 just an hour ago. So after an hour on the phone again she said that she added $5 for the TiVo and that she put it back to the HD DVR for a monthly total of $56.95. The TIVO is more? What the...

I asked what the heck is going on with you guys? Just cancel my entire order. She said "I respect your decision but know you won't get the $5 off if you order online." Yes I will, with the coupon.

Wow, hours wasted and back to square one! I should have done my research on thisforum first.

Best way to deal with this?
Locate a local dealer and see what deals they have. Should be similar or better than dealing with Direct direct.:)
Plus you you will know exactly what kind of hardware you will get before the installer arrives.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts