YouTube Video On Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
How do I watch a YouTube video on my Hopper? I can only find Netflix and other apps.
I remember watching them with my old DTV HR 24. There must be a way I don't see.

Thanx

I remember streaming from my tablet and phone to the Suddenlink 4 tuner Tivo receiver. I was hoping that the Hopper would have the feature but didn't have it.

If I was DISH I would go ahead and add the You tube , Hulu and Amazon applications so that the hopper would have everything that say a blu ray player with the same main apps they had. IF it is about turning your hopper in the main box for all entertainment, I would add them too.

You can download media apps on your phone and use the Bluetooth kn the hopper. Scott would be the best to ask about that. I think iMediashare is what I used to use.

How do you link your phone to the Hopper? I have bluetooth turned on, on my phone but it shows no Paired Devices and it does not located it under Bluetooth. It did find my wireless bluetooth speakers under Bluetooth though and played audio through them. I downloaded Playon app on my phone.

How do you link your phone to the Hopper? I have bluetooth turned on, on my phone but it shows no Paired Devices and it does not located it under Bluetooth. It did find my wireless bluetooth speakers under Bluetooth though and played audio through them. I downloaded Playon app on my phone.

I tried linking my I Pad to the Hopper. I believe the Hopper sees it, it just don't work.

How do I watch a YouTube video on my Hopper? I can only find Netflix and other apps.
I remember watching them with my old DTV HR 24. There must be a way I don't see.

Thanx
You have Netfix on your Hopper?

scott or someone how do u add playon the hopper i am new to this?

thanks

Allen bluegras
You don't add it to Hopper. It's a stand alone PC program, that can be accessed with mobile devices or streamed to your TV via wireless network, if I understand it correctly.

Using Home Media tile it will show the Play on app on your computer if it is loaded on your computer. That is how we did it with the 922 when I had it and it supposedly works the same way on the hopper.

You can watch YouTube on Dish when Google stops allowing posts not taken down of known copyright infringing material such as multiple seasons of FULL Episodes of almost any TV show ever aired in and outside the US along with countless movies. YouTube really is the art house movie palace. It seems the studios are less protective of such lower earning but far superior films, but there are plenty of popular Hollywood flicks on their, as well. Yes, the sarcastic, but possibly true answer :). We really would have no need for Dish if we had YouTube. Yes, I know DirecTV offers YouTube. YouTube is the dirty little secret of cord cutting.