Z Living Network added to the lifestyle package

Today around 9pm I noticed Z Living Network added to the lifestyle package. I've never heard of it before. Right now a weight loss reality show is on.
Cord Cutters News had an article about it on their website. I believe that SlingTV is trying to attract liberal minded millennials to their service, while DirecTV Now & [PlayStation] Vue, strangely enough, are out to attract the older, more conservative, customer. How many of us, when SlingTV adds a new obscure channel, respond with a collective "huh?" SlingTV is catering to the TED(some streaming lecture channel, maybe SlingTV will carry next?) crowd.

Yeah, their carrying Glenn Beck's "the Blaze" almost shoots my theory out of the water. But truthfully, I believe that Sling TV is trying to cater more to younger millennials than the other two streaming services.

Reactions: andy_horton
I think Sling just wants to offer as many options as they can. If I had to guess, Fox is probably the one withholding Fox News from Sling, because they seem to carry every other Fox channel. I also think to some extent Sling is not as big on News - they have it but most of it is in the News Extra package. I think Sling sees itself more as an entertainment and sports service, and then they also have news as a side item.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts