ZDNet Article "DirecTV... Make Products Work"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DirecTV seems to keep finding ways to make my HR20-700 worse. It started with the inability to pause live TV. I finally figured out that it forever buffers live TV while I'm watching a recorded show. By the end of the show, the buffer is overfull, and it begins playback of the live TV buffer from the beginning. Thus, there is no room to pause the buffer. It didn't always work this way, they screwed something up.

Now I have problems with some shows that won't start (audio starts going but video loops a few frames) or others will get stuck like this part way through. The only solution is the RBR.

Plus the thing is as slow as molasses now. Sometimes I can count off 20 or 30 seconds just to scroll down one entry in the list of recorded shows. Even on recorded shows, the pause button sometimes takes 3-5 seconds to kick in.

Optical audio quit working.

I used to think pretty highly of the receiver, but it's just going downhill... and fast.

Optical audio problems are almost always fixed by a setting on the AV receiver or the DVR, but mostly on the AV box. Try hooking it up again and redoing the setup.

I had the HD only pack with Dish and they won't let you add the RSN pack or even give you your local RSN, like Fox Sports WEst, if you want those you have to have the more expensive packages.

Thats good to know, because the E* CSR trying to sign me up said that I would be able to add the HD RSN's to that HD package. I actualy saved the chat session, just in case I did sign up (see a portion of that below). At this point, I doubt I will go that route, since I want all RSN's in HD like D* has.

R: Can you add the sports package to the HD only package?
(01) Alain C: You may add the Multi sports package for $5.99 extra so you can watch your sports channel (if available in HD).
(01) Alain C: However, if ever the sports package is not available in HD format, you will just get standard format even if you have an HD receiver.
R: So I would only get the one local sports channels Fox Sport Southwest? Or all available sports channels?
(01) Alain C: The sports package is still subject to blackout restrictions.
(01) Alain C: You will get all the National sports package in HD and what's available based on your service address.
(01) Alain C: How does that answer your concern?
(01) Alain C: By the way, here is the link to place your online order.

Optical audio problems are almost always fixed by a setting on the AV receiver or the DVR, but mostly on the AV box. Try hooking it up again and redoing the setup.
I'll give it a shot, as I'm about to move the equipment into a new entertainment cabinet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)