ZEE TV HD

desiguy2447

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2004
The national Indian newspaper which is published for the USA has a massive ad for ZEE TV in HD with Dish Network being the first TV service provider to have the HD feed for the USA. since I have the Hindi Package I went into my guide to see if the HD feed was actually live yet on Dish, and only the SD channels shows.

Any idea when the HD is feed is set to go live on Dish. The AD has no date listed only states "now watch Zee TV in HD on Dish Network!"

Thanks

it was uplinked last week
9997(19) - ZEETV [MPEG4 HD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 32 ConUS beam (Zee TV) (NA)

so could be on tomorrow, next week or who knows

Thanks for the information here is the AD

ZEE0001.jpg

Dish has not made it available as of yet. Tomorrow would be your best shot this week, though really it could be anytime - or never. The fact ZEE is advertising it would be an indication Dish will be giving it.

Watched it last night the PQ was amazing very colorful picture and very sharp. A good move by Asia TV to bring the Zee HD feed on Dish Network considering that Zee TV is the most watched international channel Dish offers!

I wonder how long it will take Comcast, Time Warner, and Cox to add the HD feed now that Dish has it live that is in the markets the Cable companies offer the Zee channel.

I've been watching for a few days now and the PQ is amazing. I haven't noticed a difference in AQ. One thing however is that in advertisements or shows that seem to have been filmed in 4:3 letterbox, they are not showing the black bars on the sides and instead stretching the image to make it upscaled and anamorphic. It's rather noticeable. Otherwise, I have no issues with it. It's a great first step by DISH and ZEE TV.

Personally I think it would be to DISH's benefit if it could maintain exclusivity of the HD feed for a while. My friends who subscribe to the channel on other service providers are jealous of my HD feed. DISH has already established itself as the leader in South Asian television programming and offers the most comprehensive package of channels so it makes sense that it is the first provider to provide an HD feed in the US. I really hope it can bring on the HD feeds for the other South Asian programming networks in the near future (Sony Entertainment Television, Aapka Colors, StarPlus India, Life OK), whilst maintaining the economically priced packages. It would also force subscribers who currently only have an International programming subscription and are interested in the HD feeds to upgrade to a qualifying HD programming pack such as Dish America or Americas Top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)