Zinwell 6X16 Multi Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

djhrlytm

Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Recently upgraded from two, single LNB D* dishes to a single KA/KU Slimline, but left the old ones up just in case. I have two Zinwell 6x16's, each powering a single side of a fraternity house. Side one is the master (East), and the KA/KU is connected directly to this box. All receivers on this side are working great and singal reception is in the 90's on all sats. When I attempted to cascade the working master 6X16(East) to the slave 6X16(West), the West box's green led started flashing, and I had no signal on any of the West receivers. The entire time, East still worked. I re-hooked up the old single LNB ONLY to the West, at which time the WEST led stayed lit solid, and all WEST receivers began working.

I have called Zinwell, and they claim to have never heard of the problem. I want to be able to cascade from the master to the slave, but cannot get the slave to work. Also during this time, I had two wires, each on a seperate Zinwell crap out and have to be replaced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

Best way to connect two multi switches is to use four high frequency splitters on the lines from the LNB. Then to each switch from the splitter.

That would be better than cascading the switches? You would just split each of the four outputs from the dish, and than route four to one switch and four to the other?

As long as you split the cable into the same port on each multiswitch (13VDC, 13VDC 22khz, 18VDC, 18VDC 22khz) not play musical cables.

The KA/KU Slimline doesn't have individual outputs for the different tones does it?
I though it just combines all the signals through the built-in multiswitch, than outputs them through four independent outputs.

Josh

The KA/KU Slimline doesn't have individual outputs for the different tones does it?
I though it just combines all the signals through the built-in multiswitch, than outputs them through four independent outputs.

Josh
The Non-SWM LNB's have four outputs which are connected to the four inputs of the multiswitch. The multiswitch then locks those legs into the voltage/tone setting for that port.

If the OP needed a 6x16 multiswitch, then he needs to supply the correct inputs to the switch.

Have you tried swapping the two WB616s? Maybe one of them has failed.

And by splitting into 2 WB616s you get 16 working outputs instead of 12 by cascading.

Got a little more info on this issue. The OP has the second WB16 about 100' from the first WB16, along way to attempt a cascading, probably why (voltage drop) it is not working.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts