Zinwell 6x8 and 72.5 Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
I read the FAQ section and looks like it's not too hard to install the locals dish. I read the diagram and it's pretty easy. My question is, I have three lines coming off my phase III with intgrated switch, do I have to connect the forth one to the zinwell switch as well ? or can I just have three? Than one or two off my 72.5? I only have two rooms and only use two lines now. Thanks for the help. not sure how these switches work.

Nope, you MUST have all 4 lines from the oval dish into the switch to work properly. You only need 1 off the 72.5 dish into Flexport 1.
This is all regardless of how many receivers you connect to the switch.

ok that makes sense why the ports on the switch have diffierent voltage. they also have 110, 101 etc. how do I know which cable in the house is for the lnb on the sat or does it matter as long as each one is conncted? thanks again for your help.

This maybe a stupid question, do I need to buy a sat finder or can I use the built in signal meter on the receiver? (H10, D10)

With the phase III it doesn't matter on the first 4 as long as they are connected. 72.5 needs to be in Flexport 1. You should be able to point using the signal meter on the boxes. I did.

briansanders007 said:
This maybe a stupid question, do I need to buy a sat finder or can I use the built in signal meter on the receiver? (H10, D10)

When you are aiming the 72.5, do NOT connect it through the switches. Connect the 72.5 directly to the receiver, leave the meter on the 101 bird & use x-ponders 1-16 to check your strength. Once you have aimed the dish, then reconnect everything as usual, then run autodetect & you're all set.

You will find this MUCH easier than trying this with all the switch(es) connected. I use an old legacy D* receiver to aim my 72.5 installs & it works just fine.

The 101 direct also works well with the D10. That is how I pointed since I set it up before locals were turned on in my city.

Great tip! thats what I was doing wrong. thank you!

I just found a problem. I used to have dish, I have an OTA antenna in the roof. Their is a diplexor on one of the lines.(one at each end) I connected it to the H10 and no sat signal. I will have to rerun a fresh line I guess.

dishrich said:
When you are aiming the 72.5, do NOT connect it through the switches. Connect the 72.5 directly to the receiver, leave the meter on the 101 bird & use x-ponders 1-16 to check your strength. Once you have aimed the dish, then reconnect everything as usual, then run autodetect & you're all set.

You will find this MUCH easier than trying this with all the switch(es) connected. I use an old legacy D* receiver to aim my 72.5 installs & it works just fine.

Ok I have a problem. My D10 works great but I can't' get my H10 (HD) to see the switch. I unplugged the unit. I reran setup. Tried a diff port on the switch. and it won't pick up the switch. What do I need to do? something special? I can connect it directly to the dish without the switch and it works fine. I'm stumped.

Finally got everything hooked up. I got a sat finder which made it a lot easier. I couldn't get a signal on the reciever though till I switched to 110 and boom the signal jumped up and matched my sat finder. I was using 101 but for some reason it didn't pick it up. I found one line to my hd box was the wrong one once I traced down all my wires. guess it helps to have the right wires hooked up. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)