Zinwell multiswitch problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have a Zinwell MS3X4WB-Z multiswitch and it seems to have some quirks to it. I tried running a cable from the 2nd output on it and was unable to get a signal out of it while using the 1st output. MY openbox also doesn't seem to read signal out of both inputs. I am not sure how to switch this. I have a cable to my receiver from a 4 port diseqc switch. The multiswitch is hooked up to port 3 on the diseqc switch. The multiswitch is also hooked up to my 10 foot and 13 foot dishes.

do you mean the diseqc is hooked to the 10 foot and 13 foot dishes?

have you tried swapping cables to see if that is an issue? I have 3 of these in my setup and they work fine.

No I have the Diseqc hooked up like this:
port 1- motorized Ku Dish Linear
port 2 -motorized Ku Dish Circular
port 3- Multiswitch- to both c band dishes
port 4- other Ku Dish in front yard

port 3- Multiswitch- to both c band dishes
what LNB's are you using?
Reason is the 3x4 multisiwtch needs to have a dual LNB hooked to it (or bandstacked if you have one). If you hook a cable from a single output LNB to say the 13v side of the switch you only get vertical polarity

I have a dmx211 on my comtech dish and a chapparal on the winegard. I had them hooked up to their respective polarities and it seemed to work fine on the Coolsat. But the Openbox won't read one side of it. Not sure how to switch it. I would like to get more diseqc switches because I have 2 more dishes I need to setup but I am not sure how to hook them up since I have all 4 ports of the switch used.

So in the settings I could have 2 sats on port 4 and the one on the 22khz side is the one I would turn on 22khz switching when I scan? I think I understand now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)