Zinwell multiswitch sam3402 help needed

Hadaak

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Casablanca
Hi guys,
first post here so easy on me :)
I have a flat with 2 cables. The sat install provides 4 satellites. The 2 cables work fine separately. I bought the zinwell switch to have 2 additional receivers without having to ask the company to provide them. I got the switch. The switch takes 2 inputs (2 lnb inputs) and has 4 outputs for 4 receivers. The 2 inputs ports are dedicated to 13v and 18v channels. The switch works but sometimes I loose signal when i choose a vertical polarisation channel (13v) on one receiver and and a horizontal channel on the other. But it does work with other combinations of H/V channels on bothe receivers !!! Do you guys have any clue to what I'm missing here.
The sat guy here says what I'm doing cannot even work. But it is working with 2 receivers already. And I guess what works for 2 will work for 4 with this switch and 2 universal lnb inputs dedicated to the 2 voltage frequencies. I have a feeling my issue has something to do with low versus high frequencies !!

Last edited:
Welcome to Satguys, Hadaak!

I think you'll have to post more information for anyone to understand what's fully going on, like what receivers you have, what type of LNB'S, etc. You mention universal LNB'S and that may be the problem, not sure if they'll work right with the 13/18 V ports on that switch. I used a Zinwell 4402 switch for a year or two just like you describe on an C-Band Ortho feed with standard LNB'S and three receivers, worked fine. On that switch, when you hook an LNB to the 13V port, it'll only get vertical polarity and on the 18 V port, horizontal. That could be what's messing you up.

Post what type of receivers, LNB'S and what type of system you have, C-Band, Ku, paid service, someone will probably be able to help then. :D

Last edited:
Thanks Raine. I don't have access to the install but they have 5 dishes up there and they give 2 cables to each flat. From your post and some more reading on the net I understood my problem is coming from the universal lnb and the multiswith limitation for european sat installs. Right now I can only get Vertical/Horizontal channels simultaneously on 4 receivers or Vertical high/low or horizontal high/low on one receiver at a time. In order to have all vertical high/low and horizontal high/low channels on all receivers at the same time i need 4 inputs fron the building sat install so that:

input 1 = horisontal high
input 2 = horizontal low
input 3 = vertical high
input 4 vertical low

I also need a 4xn multiswitch with 4 inputs and n outputs to n receivers.
So for the moment I guess I will keep the 2 in 4 out switch for H/V channels as long as I'm getting all the channels I need in the 4 rooms.

thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts