"Zoom" button for Voom - hiddem menus?

mikbro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
"Zoom" button for Voom - hidden menus?

I have a new 3 room Voom system and two of my sets are HD - no problem, they have aspect ratio buttons that allow me to toggle AR for those channels that broadcast 4:3 content on an "HD" channel. However I have one older SDTV that has no such settings. I know I can go to the picture format menu each time and set the horizonatal to "pillar format" and that allows me to eliminate the bars on the right and left, effectively "zooming" the picture to take the entire 4:3 screen.

My Q is - is there a remote button or sequence that rotates through these picture format settings? I know my Scientific Atlanta 8300HD has a button that does just that - and I have heard other stbs do as well.

Another Q - I wanted to get in to the hidden menus, however I notice that the instruction here say to go to the "Installation Settings" (option 8) from the "System Settings" screen, however I do not have that option 8 in version 7.33 and 7.34. - the last option on that screen is "7. Installer Menu". Is there an updated way to get to these screens for these later firmware versions or am I just in the wrong place?

Thanks!
Mike

mikbro said:
My Q is - is there a remote button or sequence that rotates through these picture format settings?
No, such button doesn't exist, or at least, it has not been found yet...
Another Q - I wanted to get in to the hidden menus, however I notice that the instruction here say to go to the "Installation Settings" (option 8) from the "System Settings" screen, however I do not have that option 8 in version 7.33 and 7.34. - the last option on that screen is "7. Installer Menu".
Yes, it's option 7 now (they dropped one of the menu items recently). I need to correct the FAQ on this. Thanks for pointing out!

Ilya said:
No, such button doesn't exist, or at least, it has not been found yet...
Yes, it's option 7 now (they dropped one of the menu items recently). I need to correct the FAQ on this. Thanks for pointing out!

Ok, I must be a little slow :eek: I go to option 7 "Installer Menu" which has 4 options on it - if I understand correctly I should then just have to enter "8" twice and the menu should pop up correct? Nohting is happening for me. I also tried "5", "6" and "7" twice - no go, so I must not be on the correct screen.

Here is what I am doing:
1. Press Voom
2. Green Button - Brings up "Settings Screen"
3. Green Button - Brings up "Warning" popup - click OK then up comes System Settings
4. Press "7" for Installer Menu
5. Press "8" twice - no go.

I also tried tried pressing "8" twice at step #4 and no go.

Help?

mikbro said:
I go to option 7 "Installer Menu" which has 4 options on it - if I understand correctly I should then just have to enter "8" twice and the menu should pop up correct?
No, you need to press 9 8 8 there. And do it slowly. Sometimes it doesn't work if you press buttons too quickly.