2 questions about dish

chwtom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2007
i am about to move from chicago to neenah, wi (zip 54956). i would like to use dish network. i have 3 questions:

1. is there a way to get chicago hd network channels? i thought i remembered someone telling me you could have a different address in their computer than where your home is, but couldn't remember how that worked. would i need to move the dish around to make that work? is that "loophole" likely to close anytime soon? feel free to email me privately if you don't want to post anything publically about that.

2. is there any reason not to enter an agreement with dish for new service (ie, word on the street is they are about to lose a bunch of hd channels, etc).

as they take new subs essentially at no cost and with no commitment, there's no downside to starting e* service....if in a couple months the service changes unacceptably, you can just cut it loose...

you can probably still get the chicago hd locals signal where you're going....you don't have to tell them you're moving....you can change your billing address as necessary, or go on autopay with no bill sent

And Dish/Echostar/E* has more national HD channels than Directv/D* and is still adding them. Dish certainly is not about to lose any. Both satcos have a couple of satellites going up this year, and we should all have even more HD next year. Several networks are working on setting up HD versions for the new year.

And Welcome to our group. Stick around!

"What word on what street? Where have you heard or seen anything like this? Please post a link. AFAIK the word is dead wrong."

i think you misunderstood me. i don't follow this subject closely, so i was wondering if there was such a word on the street. before i sign an 18 month comittment, i want to make sure their service isn't going to start deteriorating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts