2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

HD MM said:
He's selfish. He hasn't grown up yet. If he does this, it will be another example.

Kissing your new girlfriend in front of your high school sweet heart is ALWAYS in bad taste, no matter if both parties are over it or not.

Jordan did the same thing in every game till his very last game. Does that chalk ritual of his make him immature?! Did the BULLS fans bitch about Michael's ritual going to the Wizards? It's his "ritual". Not Cleveland....Get over it.

Jordan did the same thing in every game till his very last game. Does that chalk ritual of his make him immature?! Did the BULLS fans bitch about Michael's ritual going to the Wizards? It's his "ritual". Not Cleveland....Get over it.

It's a cry for attention. Something he can't seem to get enough of.

Interesting...

Tracy McGrady says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade lack chemistry because both command the ball

AUBURN HILLS - Tracy McGrady believes there is a fundamental problem with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

"When they're on the court together," McGrady says, "they're terrible."

McGrady isn't saying LeBron and Wade are terrible as individual players but rather that the chemistry between the two isn't good.

"Him and D-Wade don't complement each other," McGrady said. "They're somewhat the same type of players, 'Bron and D-Wade. If you look at Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, (Allen's a) traditional shooting guard. Ray Allen, he doesn't need the ball. And Paul Pierce is a small forward. You add Kevin Garnett ...

"(LeBron and Wade), they're not like that. Both of those guys need the ball and they don't shoot the ball like Ray Allen. That's why they're having trouble scoring in the halfcourt because they can't get a rhythm, because one of them is dominating the ball. That guy might be getting off, but the other guy (isn't).

"That's why when they're on the court together, they're terrible. They're rhythm players that need the ball. I'm like that. I can't stand out there and catch and shoot. I've never been a guy that sits out there waiting for the ball to come to me."

McGrady feels that if James had made up his mind to leave Cleveland he would have been better off in Chicago with Derrick Rose as his running mate.

"It was a better decision, a better place for him," said McGrady, who scored a season-high 13 points off the bench for the Pistons Sunday but was 0-for-3 after intermission. "You can't just go somewhere and have that type of chemistry he had in Cleveland."​

Isn't what McGrady is saying the same thing that everyone else who knows basketball has been saying when this whole deal went down?

Three superstars commanding the ball on a Five man team just spells disaster. They find a way to make it work for a few games during the Olympics, but throughout an entire NBA season? For multiple seasons? Forget it.

LeBoob got greedy. He had chemistry in Cleveland. He was on the verge of a Championship. Then he jumped ship to try and form a super-trio Olympic-esque team. Looks like it's back firing on him now.

HD MM said:
LeBoob got greedy. He had chemistry in Cleveland. He was on the verge of a Championship. Then he jumped ship to try and form a super-trio Olympic-esque team. Looks like it's back firing on him now.

He was not gonna win a championship in Cleveland. That team was not gonna get any better because there just no $$$$ space and nothing to traded without trading the nucleus that you were trying to build around.

As far as backfiring....after 17 games??!!

How many games does a NBA season consist of?

He was not gonna win a championship in Cleveland. That team was not gonna get any better because there just no $$$$ space and nothing to traded without trading the nucleus that you were trying to build around.

As far as backfiring....after 17 games??!!

How many games does a NBA season consist of?

Player wise, you're right. We wouldn't be able to add any more significant pieces to the Cavs for a year or two if he were to stay.

With that said, did you know the starting playoff roster we went into last year's playoffs with was the first time that starting 5 have ever played together? Injuries and late season acquisitions prevented that starting 5 from ever playing together... until the playoffs.

Yep. There's reason to believe that with a consistent starting lineup, the players would grow together. A different coach may have also gotten the team over the hump (cough, Byron Scott, cough). Too bad what's his name didn't stick around. JJ Hickson, Mo Williams and Boobie Gibson are looking like great running mates! Much improved from seasons past even.

Best regular season two years in a row. Tons of chemistry. Laughing and dancing on a nightly basis. Everyone having fun. He just doesn't seem the same in Miami. I wonder if he's regretting his decision? Probably. But he'll never admit it.

HD MM said:
Player wise, you're right. We wouldn't be able to add any more significant pieces to the Cavs for a year or two if he were to stay.

With that said, did you know the starting playoff roster we went into last year's playoffs with was the first time that starting 5 have ever played together?

Yep. There's reason to believe that with a consistent starting lineup, the players get will grow together. A different coach may have also gotten the team over the hump (cough, Byron Scott, cough). Too bad what's his name didn't stick around. JJ Hickson, Mo Williams and Boobie Gibson are looking like great running mates! Much improved from seasons past even.

Best regular season two years in a row. Tons of chemistry. Laughing and dancing on a nightly basis. Everyone having fun. He just doesn't seem the same in Miami. I wonder if he's regretting his decision? Probably. But he'll never admit it.

And with that final starting line with the best record in the league...they could not get into the ECF.

Again, the regular season means little and the Celtics and Cavs proved that. The Cavs had the best record in the NBA for 2nd years in a row....and zero championships to shows for it. The Celtics cruised through the regular season trying to get the new guys ready while the older guys healed from the multiple injuries...and they were very close to BEING NBA champs....as A 4th seed.

Word is that the asking price for tickets when Miami comes to the Garden to play the Knicks later this month are running $30,000-$50,000 a pair. Seems like an awful lot of money for a game between two teams that are both barely over .500.

Sandra

Last edited:
And with that final starting line with the best record in the league...they could not get into the ECF.

Again, the regular season means little and the Celtics and Cavs proved that. The Cavs had the best record in the NBA for 2nd years in a row....and zero championships to shows for it. The Celtics cruised through the regular season trying to get the new guys ready while the older guys healed from the multiple injuries...and they were very close to BEING NBA champs....as A 4th seed.

Apparently you missed my point.

The Celtics have had the same starting 5 for how long?

The Cavs were always tinkering to try and please you know who. I think if they stayed the course and just found a new coach they would've been fine.

Oh well, it's over and done with. He formed an Olympic-esque team in Miami. He's got all the talent in the world now. No more excuses. Anything short of a Championship will be a disappointment.

Word is that the asking price for tickets when Miami comes to the Garden to play the Knicks later this month are running $30,000-$50,000 a pair. Seems like an awful lot of money for a game between two teams that are both barely over .500.

Sandra

what was that you once said...oh yeah, supply and demand.;)

Apparently you missed my point.

The Celtics have had the same starting 5 for how long?

The Cavs were always tinkering to try and please you know who. I think if they stayed the course and just found a new coach they would've been fine.

Oh well, it's over and done with. He formed an Olympic-esque team in Miami. He's got all the talent in the world now. No more excuses. Anything short of a Championship will be a disappointment.

The Celtics tinkered for a long time till the EXACT pieces were in place. And once they found the right pieces for a starting 5, they then tinkered with the bench pieces, which ALSO took a long time.

And yes, you are right, any less than a championship is a disappointment....but if you, as a professional organization and professional athlete is not pushing TO BE a champion....then you are there just for a paycheck. Lebron, Wade and Bosh took LESS thinking they were building the foundation of one. Something that rarely if EVER done by a professional athlete or a group of athletes. PERSONALLY, I am gonna wait to those 4-5 years are in the books before I consider them a failure.

Besides, I can EASILY live with 2 or 3....other than the 5 or 6 they wanted.;)

As of right now, the Miami Heat are a huge disappointment. They were supposed to be a huge ratings draw because they were going to sashay their way through the Eastern Conference. But how much can you hate the Heat if their around a .500 team? People only hate teams that are championship contenders, not teams that are only playoff contenders.

As of right now, the Miami Heat are a huge disappointment. They were supposed to be a huge ratings draw because they were going to sashay their way through the Eastern Conference. But how much can you hate the Heat if their around a .500 team? People only hate teams that are championship contenders, not teams that are only playoff contenders.

There is NO DOUBT they have under performed...but before call them a "huge disappointment"...let's wait till the dust clears. They have a 6 year contract...if they were to win championships 3 of those 6 years....would THAT be considered a huge disappointment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts