2014-15 NFL Play-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What still has me confused in this silly discussion is how the refs didn't notice this the whole first half. If there was that much of a difference then how did no one notice?

It's unfortunate that I know this but 1 psi is equal to the weight of a dollar bill. So no one would notice.

I'm done with this if the idiots and talking heads want to keep talking about it, whatever. They just sound so foolish and butt hurt every time they open their mouths. ESPN has Ray Lewis talking about integrity, give me an effing break.

Colts football originally pumped to 13.5 psi loses 1 lb still under "allowable" psi. Pats originally pumped to the lower end at 12.5 psi lose 1 lb psi and they're at 11.5 psi. Which is what pro football talk is reporting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/nfl-bears-plenty-of-blame-for-deflategate/

Gee, the only one that that was 2 psi under was the one the Colts equipment guy handled. Maybe he stuck a f**king needle in it, since that one is the outlier.

Reactions: Kraven and Rey
Richard Sherman just said at the Pro Bowl that the NFL is too worried about Marshawn Lynch's antics to do anything to the Patriots about Deflategate.
Self-fulfilling prophecy, since the infraction if true calls for punishment that isn't exciting for anyone in the media, a fine and a draft pick or two, none of the mouth-breathers going on and on about this care to hear about anything less than suspensions, etc.

I'm not sure what that has to do with what I posted, and frankly I'm not surprised.
I was just being funny,but that article does go back to my theory that this whole Deflate-gate scandal is just a publicity stunt(NFL "Kayfabe," to borrow a word from professional wrestling) to get more viewers to watch the Super Bowl. It's like watching two "heels(New England Patriots & Seattle Seahawks)" fighting each other in a wrestling match. Also,the Patriots are probably hated as much as the Tom Landry era Cowboys("America's Team") were.

when-you-have-to-explain-the-joke.jpg

Reactions: Rey and meStevo
Also,the whole situation is so stupid & blown out of proportion,especially when EVERYBODY on Fox News talks about it 24/7,quoting Marshawn Lynch is the PERFECT way to respond to it. You might just find yourself doing it too. To Bill & Hart,the next time someone asks you about Deflategate & if you think that the Patriots are cheaters,just borrow a quote from Marshawn & say,"Thanks for asking," instead of what you really want to say.

IF I have to watch one of these again,I'll turn on the Seahawks for sure.:mad:

Maybe if the Pats win the Super Bowl,they can replace this commercial with Gisele trying to give Tom some soup.:)
"Tom,are you feeling a little deflated? Try some Campbell's Soup."

I was just being funny,but that article does go back to my theory that this whole Deflate-gate scandal is just a publicity stunt(NFL "Kayfabe," to borrow a word from professional wrestling) to get more viewers to watch the Super Bowl. It's like watching two "heels(New England Patriots & Seattle Seahawks)" fighting each other in a wrestling match. Also,the Patriots are probably hated as much as the Tom Landry era Cowboys("America's Team") were.
The SB never need help getting fans to watch.

I dislike the Cowboys very much, but always respected them in the Landry days.

I also don't see the hate for the Pats.
They are a very successful team, many out there can't handle another's success and turn to (hate) ....

Whatcha gonna go when the greatest QB in the world and the Gronk run all over you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SB never need help getting fans to watch.

I dislike the Cowboys very much, but always respected them in the Landry days.

I also don't see the hate for the Pats.
They are a very successful team, many out there can't handle another's success and turn to (hate) ....
I don't think it's hate for most football fans. I believe that for those who don't have a vested interest in a team, it gets less exciting to see that team win it all each time, just like it was back in the days of the Dolphins and Steelers (although I loved that Steeler run ;) ). I enjoy watching the Superbowl, but this year I have little interest in it since the Seahawks won last year and the Patriots are usually in it more than not. Kind of like watching a good movie over and over...it gets stale.

Seattle Seahawks Sherman painting Pats as villains
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27392994/sherman-painting-pats-villains?source=rss
Relishing no longer being in the "villain" role, Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman is painting his team's Super Bowl opponent as occupying that position.

Forgetting all of the distractions going on right now,like deflategate,predictions of a Patriot win,possible fines for Marshawn Lynch,etc.,I'm still sticking with the Seahawks. The 12th Man will cause the same problems in Glendale as it did in New Jersey. The Seattle fans will still be the loudest in the house & the Patriots need to be prepared for that with silent counts a major part of that preparation. The Patriots need to play this game as if they are playing in Seattle itself. This is still a pick-em game & the Seahawks have as much a chance of winning as the Patriots.

To quote Marshawn Lynch,"Yeah,thanks for asking."

I get it that Marshawn Lynch hates the media and the first time he did this it was funny, but it is now ridiculous. He has an obligation to answer question from the media and not with a standard pat answer. I get it, the media is also ridiculous and asks many many idiotic questions but so what. If others can do this then so should he. It is part of his job no matter how much he hates it and only wants to play football.

I get it that Marshawn Lynch hates the media and the first time he did this it was funny, but it is now ridiculous. He has an obligation to answer question from the media and not with a standard pat answer. I get it, the media is also ridiculous and asks many many idiotic questions but so what. If others can do this then so should he. It is part of his job no matter how much he hates it and only wants to play football.
Maybe the fact that having to wait 2 weeks from the championship games to the Super Bowl contributes to all of this BS like Deflategate & Marshawn Lynch. Play the Super Bowl one week after the Championship games. Both teams would have to immediately fly to Arizona & get ready for the game minimizing both Media Day,because it will interfere with teams preparing for the Super Bowl,& the Deflategate nonsense. Two weeks is too long to wait,NOBODY is talking about how both teams match up. I remember how last year that "free time" allowed people to believe that the Broncos had a chance to win the Super Bowl against the Seahawks. That was a real head scratcher to me how people came up with that scenario. Maybe it was Las Vegas trying to draw up interest in the game & distract from the foregone conclusion that the Seahawks were going cream the Broncos.
This year both teams are so even with each other,the Patriots will have to exploit the injuries to the Seahawks secondary to win. Also,the Seahawks' defensive line is a lot smaller physically than I thought they were,so Bell should be able to exploit that. Can the Patriots defense stop Russell Wilson & Marshawn Lynch rushing? Will the Patriots go for a TD instead of a field goal on fourth down,unlike the Packers? Do the Patriots have a game plan for crowd noise,unlike the Broncos last year?

Edit: Fox News "the Five" just said the same thing that I did about the 2 week wait between the Championship games & the Super Bowl. In Greg Gutfeld's words,"the game(Super Bowl) should have been played weeks ago."

Last edited:
As stupid as this Deflate-gate is....Goodell has turn in the Pats owners' private puppet. Goodell is looking like the filet of human that runs the MLB. I find it amazing that this commissioner has been NO WHERE to be found during this so-called controversy. Party with owners and owners partying with the head of refs... talk about "lack of institutional control"?

And as stupid is this whole situation is, there always seems to be a Patriot team in the middle of controversy where they always seem to come out smelling like a rose. Gotta love Kraft...

Marshawn Lynch at Media Day: I’m just here so I won’t get fined (RAW VIDEO)
http://q13fox.com/2015/01/27/marshawn-lynch-at-media-day-im-just-here-so-i-wont-get-fined/

Which crisis will Goodell respond to first,Deflategate,or this?

Marshawn Lynch Skittles ad goes viral
http://abc7.com/sports/marshawn-lynch-skittles-ad-goes-viral/493292/

The other Ballghazi: Marshawn Lynch fined $20K for NFC championship crotch-grab
http://mashable.com/2015/01/22/mars...er-All-Partial&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=rss

This is the stuff that happens when you have to wait 2 weeks for the Super Bowl to be played. If the Super Bowl had been played last Sunday instead of the Pro Bowl,we wouldn't be having this conversation now,& the Pro Bowl could be played this upcoming Sunday(but who cares about that?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)