2014-15 NFL Play-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why it's bad to mouth off before it's truly over. You just never know what crazy thing may happen. Best superbowl I've seen in years sir.

ESPN has announced that they have extended Trent Dilfer's contract. The World Wide Leader loves Trent for his keen prognostication skills!!

(Source: Boston Herald)

Julian Edelman
had an unprompted message for Trent Dilfer after the former quarterback and current television analyst bashed the Pats after their Week 4 blowout loss to the Chiefs.

"What did Trent Dilfer say? 'The Patriots are the worst team. They can’t win,'" Edelman said. "It’s unbelievable to hear that man say that. It’s embarrassing for him."

As you all know, the SB champion opens the following regular season at home on Thursday night. The schedule doesn't come out until April, but I'm predicting the Bills will be the Pats opponent in Foxborough that night. Looking at the Pats home schedule in 2015, the only two other teams I see as a possibility are the Steelers or Dolphins.

After barely making it through work this morning, I've come to the conclusion that they really need to move the Super Bowl to Saturday.

After barely making it through work this morning, I've come to the conclusion that they really need to move the Super Bowl to Saturday.

I've been saying for years they should move the start of the regular season to the middle of September. The regular season would then end sometime in the middle of January, and you could have Super Sunday on Presidents' Day weekend. IMO, it's a win-win because moving the start of the regular season would be better than the beginning of September (when outdoor activities are still hopping).

Reactions: mccoyrj
I've been saying for years they should move the start of the regular season to the middle of September. The regular season would then end sometime in the middle of January, and you could have Super Sunday on Presidents' Day weekend. IMO, it's a win-win because moving the start of the regular season would be better than the beginning of September (when outdoor activities are still hopping).
Would help with travel for those going to the game as well.

Could even be done without postponing the start as much, just add another bye week.
Problem is, this year President's Day is a week early, due to Feb starting on a Sunday. So in most years the Super Bowl would have to be 3 weeks later than it is now.

Reactions: BillD1984
Wow! Parade is set for tomorrow, starting at 11am. Boston has some work to do. We're getting 8-12" of snow today, on top of the 2.5ft we got last week.

Wow! Parade is set for tomorrow, starting at 11am. Boston has some work to do. We're getting 8-12" of snow today, on top of the 2.5ft we got last week.

They will have to ride snowmobiles. LOL

brady.png

Reactions: BillD1984 and Rey
Parade is moved to Wednesday. Smart move. Looks like we're getting more snow than originally expected.

Yep, Boston has already postponed school tomorrow. Good move, I live 15 miles south of Boston and it's still snowing like crazy! Not to mention 4 to 5 ft snow banks.

That AND the College NATIONAL Championship game as well.
The NFL had the sense to move the Super Bowl from 8 to 6 several years ago, and had great success in doing it.

The NCAA needs to move their game to the Saturday following the 1st Monday, and also earlier in the day. Monday evening is way too late on a work night.

If they ever start the game later than 6:30 then most years I won't even stay up to watch the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts