2014 AL Central

I don't know much about the Tigers acquisitions, perhaps someone can enlighten me. Also, what up-and-comers are going to make the team this year? What about the Twins, Indians, Sox and Royals? Any hope of taking things to the next level this season?

Well, Castellonois will be an up and comer this year ... getting his chance to shine ....

I know it's Spring Training, but he's hit very well so far.

Well, Castellonois will be an up and comer this year ... getting his chance to shine ....

I know it's Spring Training, but he's hit very well so far.

I'm not sold on Castellonois...but who knows, perhaps he'll develop into a stat, but I'm thinking more of an average to above-average player. We shall see. What about the Ian Kinsler? Not a bad talent, but kind of a jerk bad-mouthing his former team.

Last edited:
I'm not sold on Castellonois...but who knows, perhaps he's develop into a stat, but I'm thinking more of an average to above-average player. We shall see. What about the Ian Kinsler? Not a bad talent, but kind of a jerk bad-mouthing his former team.

I think Kinsler is Not all that, any more ... on the downside of his career and getting old, would have rather kept Infante. (only plus from Kinsler I can see is he can lead off.

I just posted this in the MLB thread because I hadn't seen the discussion here yet.

I'm listening to the Tigers/Blue Jays game on the Detroit radio channel. Dan Dickerson and Jim Price just said Iggy just got back from the doctor and told them he has a stress fracture in both shins. They said they team hasn't officially confirmed it yet but that was straight from his mouth. Sounds like he won't be back any time soon.

Nope, rumors are will be out for quite some time, hopefully not the season

Jose said the same EXACT thing yesterday ...

I want to hear what the Dr's have to say.

Even though the Tigers will be one of the biggest obstacles in the Red Sox title defense (probably THE biggest obstacle), I really hope the injury for Iggy is as minimal as possible. I really like that kid.

Okay, time for a serious question. I'm sure many of us are in agreement that the Tigers will win the AL Central again this year. But have they done enough to improve to win a World Series? Or have they regressed a bit?

Offhand, I'm thinking it's a wash or perhaps they've regressed a notch. However, there is no doubt they have the talent to finally bring home the Championship. The unknown factor is how the Tigers will respond to their new Manager? Will Brad Ausmus light a fire where Jim Leyland could not?

Okay, time for a serious question. I'm sure many of us are in agreement that the Tigers will win the AL Central again this year. But have they done enough to improve to win a World Series? Or have they regressed a bit?

Offhand, I'm thinking it's a wash or perhaps they've regressed a notch. However, there is no doubt they have the talent to finally bring home the Championship. The unknown factor is how the Tigers will respond to their new Manger? Will Brad Ausmus light a fire where Jim Leyland could not?

I definitely think they have the guns. If healthy, they have one hell of a gauntlet (Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez) for any team to navigate in a short series. They also have the best hitter on the planet and enough complementary parts to be a potent lineup. The key to me is Nathan. He has been one of the top closers in baseball over the last decade, and if he can stay healthy that is a HUGE addition to the Tigers. Do they have some holes? Of course they do. But hell, what team doesn't? ;)

I definitely think they have the guns. If healthy, they have one hell of a gauntlet (Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez) for any team to navigate in a short series. They also have the best hitter on the planet and enough complementary parts to be a potent lineup. The key to me is Nathan. He has been one of the top closers in baseball over the last decade, and if he can stay healthy that is a HUGE addition to the Tigers. Do they have some holes? Of course they do. But hell, what team doesn't? ;)

I'm thinking the Tigers will have to go through Boston (ALCS) in order to face Washington in the World Series. We shall see.

I am a diehard Tigers fan and I hope that they can get to and win the World Series. If we stay healthy we have a good chance I think

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think the biggest question going into the season is How is the BULLPEN going to handle the 7-8th innings to GET to Nathan.

The Top 3 can go 9, but they won't be asked to do that, they go 7 strong and I'm happy, 8 would be better though.

Several things I will be curious to see with Asmus is,
Does he go with a set pitcher for each pen inning like Leyland tried to do, I hope not.
Does he shuffle his line up daily trying to keep guys fresh, like Leyland, Jim use to rest players in the 1st two weeks of the season.
My thoery is, if you have a line up that is working, stick with it.

I liked Jim Leyland very well, he's from Perrysburg Ohio, about 20 minutes from here, I've met him and different family members of his... all very nice to chat with ... that said, the things I mentioned above, drove me crazy.

According to the official Tigers twitter account, Dombrowski has confirmed that Bruce Rondon needs Tommy John surgery. That really sucks. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us in the bullpen this year.

I liked Leyland too, but he used to drive me crazy because sometimes the team needed a boot in the ass to get them motivated, which never came.
I just heard about that tooo ....

Sheeesh, the injuries just keep piling up ....

:confused: I think you meant to quote the Rondon injury post. Honestly, do we really care if Leyland fell and can't get up. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts