2014 MLB Season

Ortiz has bunted down the 3rd base line against the shift before, but not during a no-hit bid that I could recall. I give him credit for attacking the shift....

I also give him credit ...

No, I would not bunt for a hit in a No Hitter, if it's late in the game, however, I have no problem slapping the ball thru the 3rd base hole for a hit if the 3b men is playing in RF.

You know what is up with all the Tommy John injuries? Its too bad because even hes on the Marlins, Fernandez was lights out. I guess the best in the NL now is Johnny Cueto.

The Mets had 2 games they should've won. How come they stink so bad at home? Well, I liked how they beat up the Yankees at Yankee Stadium and I like how there pitching. They have good, young arms. The bullpen, well, eh. I'm glad they got rid of Farnsworth. And he had the gall to knock the Mets by saying he hopes he faces them. Uh, Kyle, you stink pal.

I think that is the plan ... Sox saw that there were gonna be a number of teams vieing for his services soon and jumped in quickly.

Now does this cost the Sox a 1st pick like everyone else ? :rolleyes:

Why would it cost the Sox a draft pick? Drew was last employed by the Red Sox.

I'm not quite understanding the :rolleyes: in your post. What, the Red Sox should just roll over and not try to improve their team??!! :confused:

FYI, the Boston Globe reports that Drew will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season. If he had taken the $14+M qualifying offer, I think he would have again been tethered to a draft pick.

FWIW, the Red Sox outfield offense is so pathetic that if Drew clicks and Middlebrooks ever goes back to hitting one homer in every 20 at bats, which is his career average, then I think Bogaerts will have the opportunity to show the world that he can play left field as well as or better than Mike Greenwell, Daniel Nava and Jim Rice, which won't be that difficult.

Any progress reports on Detroit shortstop Julio Iglesias? His 60 day stint on the DL probably ends on May 30, though the predictions from the get-go were that he would be out at least until the All Star break.

FYI, the Boston Globe reports that Drew will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season. If he had taken the $14+M qualifying offer, I think he would have again been tethered to a draft pick.

FWIW, the Red Sox outfield offense is so pathetic that if Drew clicks and Middlebrooks ever goes back to hitting one homer in every 20 at bats, which is his career average, then I think Bogaerts will have the opportunity to show the world that he can play left field as well as or better than Mike Greenwell, Daniel Nava and Jim Rice, which won't be that difficult.

Any progress reports on Detroit shortstop Julio Iglesias? His 60 day stint on the DL probably ends on May 30, though the predictions from the get-go were that he would be out at least until the All Star break.

Some scouts think the future left side of the Red Sox infield isn't even on the current team. By most accounts Garin Cecchini and Deven Marrero are future MLB players, and Bogaerts could end up as a corner outfielder. Of course none of this helps the current club.

From what I heard the other day, he's right on schedule .... but that one was he'd be gone for the year.

I think the ASG predictions was a Best case scenario, but I don't remember hearing anything definite.

I suspect he'll be gone for the year. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts