2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question for you all ...

I was just watching a few plays from the Chargers and Boys game... SD fumbled at the goaline, clearly a fumble, Cowboy picks it up in the endzone, runs around before going down and it's called a touchback ...

If that guy running around in the endzone, gets tackled, isn't it a Safety ?

He did go down in the endzone. they gave him the ball at the 20.

I wouldnt know because of the damn blackout rules. Dish blacked out nflnet and the local channel is still showing the end of the Chiefs game. Why when they have 5 channels did Griffin choose to show these on 1 channel this year instead of splitting them between their CBS and CW affilaites or even on one of the subchannels. From what I've heard they are getting bombarded with calls from Cowboys fans.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Got a question for you all ...

I was just watching a few plays from the Chargers and Boys game... SD fumbled at the goaline, clearly a fumble, Cowboy picks it up in the endzone, runs around before going down and it's called a touchback ...

If that guy running around in the endzone, gets tackled, isn't it a Safety ?

He did go down in the endzone. they gave him the ball at the 20.
No, only if he crosses the goal line, then goes back into the end zone.

I wouldnt know because of the damn blackout rules. Dish blacked out nflnet and the local channel is still showing the end of the Chiefs game. Why when they have 5 channels did Griffin choose to show these on 1 channel this year instead of splitting them between their CBS and CW affilaites or even on one of the subchannels. From what I've heard they are getting bombarded with calls from Cowboys fans.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
European based sites are your friend.

So the guy can run around all he wants and not have to worry about a safety ... hmmm.

Then again if he loses the ball ... :eeek

If a player picks up the ball in the endzone and gets tackled in the endzone then it is considered a touchback regardless of how long he runs around. If the player picks up the ball in the endzone, runs out of the endzone and then gets tackled back in the endzone then it would be considered a safety.

I have seen this happen on kickoffs where the returner steps past the goal line to catch the ball and then kneels it for a touchback only to be called for a safety because he stepped out first.

Cowboys lose Orlando Scandrick for 4 games ... amphetamines, Olbermann had a good observation. "They give Ray Rice 2 weeks for Domestic Violence, Scandrick 4 for Moly's, now watch them give 6 weeks for someone rolling Tom Ford". :D

A player having domestic problems is not as much the NFL's business as a player using PEDs. A player using PEDs actually affects the league. It's up to law enforcement to take care of domestic violence. Of course some things like that do have an affect on a team, like missing practice due to legal reasons, then I can see the league suspending longer.

Gotta say... the Pats are looking pretty pretty good.
Kudos to Bill and company who have completely revamped that 2011 last placed defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts