2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope Fox keeps this up into the regular season, but I have my doubts. I like today's preseason coverage on Fox with the SD/SF game. No annoying bottom line ticker, no twitter crap or other annoying popups. I like the new minimal scoring/timing box in the upper left corner too.

Now if the other networks would just do the same during game coverage.
NBC also doesn't appear to be doing the extra junk tonight either :biggrin.

However, I can see that the bottom line is empty, but still there, so they can always fill it later, which I would imagine they will.
I would like to see scores 3 times an hour on say the 20's or there about, but only scores, not all the fantasy stuff that makes the scores go on for days.

Reactions: osu1991
Joe Theismann is stirring the pot in Washington

Joe Theismann gives Kirk Cousins the Redskins QB nod over RG3
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...the-redskins-qb-nod-over-rgiii-144400475.html
"If there was a quarterback competition, it wouldn’t be a competition," Theismann said, recognizing that the starting QB job is RG3's without question. Even so, he noted, Griffin fails the optics test.
Your eyes don’t lie to you," Theismann said. "Robert has struggled in the limited opportunities that he has had. And Kirk Cousins has seized the opportunities that he has had when it comes to playing the position and understanding the offense."

Injuries happen, but playing 3 snaps and sitting for a couple of weeks and then playing a quarter or two before sitting out another game does the players and teams no good. If they keep this up, just make preseason 2 weeks and extended the active rosters for several weeks before making the cuts.

Injuries happen, but playing 3 snaps and sitting for a couple of weeks and then playing a quarter or two before sitting out another game does the players and teams no good. If they keep this up, just make preseason 2 weeks and extended the active rosters for several weeks before making the cuts.
I think they will be shortening up the pre season soon anyways.
I can see it moved to 3 weeks, I don't agree with it, but can see it happening.

It's stupid to lose players in games that have no meaning. The game that Sam Bradford got injured in may be the last game he ever plays as a Ram. You can also be sure that the Rams are kicking themselves over all of the QB's they could have drafted(like Russell Wilson or maybe Colin Kaepernick,but they didn't because Sam Bradford was their guy. They could have drafted RGIII). I know hindsight is 20-20,but come on. I remember saying that they should have drafted Andrew Luck.

It's stupid to lose players in games that have no meaning. The game that Sam Bradford got injured in may be the last game he ever plays as a Ram. You can also be sure that the Rams are kicking themselves over all of the QB's they could have drafted(like Russell Wilson or maybe Colin Kaepernick,but they didn't because Sam Bradford was their guy. They could have drafted RGIII). I know hindsight is 20-20,but come on. I remember saying that they should have drafted Andrew Luck.
Thats just the way it goes ...
Do you really want to START the season when everything counts with a QB and rest of the starters, never playing a snap ?
Did you see how terrible some, many teams look the first few weeks ?

Fwiw, that would be called Professional College games ...

the Rams are kicking themselves over all of the QB's they could have drafted(like Russell Wilson or maybe Colin Kaepernick,but they didn't because Sam Bradford was their guy.

Drafting is never an exact science... Each NFL team passed over Tom Brady approx 5-6 times before the Pats took him.

It was kinda hard for the Rams to draft Luck when they didn't have the first pick in the '12 draft....

Reactions: Hart5150
At their position I think they got a steal w/ Easley. Bill can smell talent just like my GF smells a sale from miles away

Also, ESPN is reporting that Icognito is visiting Tampa. Good for him if he gets signed. On the grand scheme of NFL "villains" he didnt get busted
for DWI, Murder, drugs, assault, shooting himself, dog fighting so yeah he absolutely deserves a 2nd chance.

It sucks when it happens but what are you suppose to do to prepare? You need to have some type of interaction with another team. Even if you scrimmage your own players you get the same injuries. Not playing preseason games just to avoid injuries would be the same concept as getting rid of full contact during practice.

It was kinda hard for the Rams to draft Luck when they didn't have the first pick in the '12 draft....
Yeah,in that case they should have kept the second overall draft pick & selected RGIII,but unfortunately I believe RGIII may prove to be as fragile as Bradford is/was. If I might digress,& off topic,I'd laugh if Mathew Stafford suffers a season ending injury & "weak armed" Kellen Moore leads the Lions to the play-offs.

Reactions: gms49ers
I'm not sold on RGIII anymore. The more I watch him the more I think he's done. He still doesn't look healthy running the ball and he still struggles as a pocket passer. He may adjust and work it all out but so far it's been rough since his rookie year. Cousins has looked much better and is your typical pocket passer that generally succeeds in the NFL.

I'm not sold on RGIII anymore. The more I watch him the more I think he's done. He still doesn't look healthy running the ball and he still struggles as a pocket passer. He may adjust and work it all out but so far it's been rough since his rookie year. Cousins has looked much better and is your typical pocket passer that generally succeeds in the NFL.
No comment to my comment about Matthew Stafford & Kellen Moore?

Not sure how to respond to it. Are you trying to strike up an argument over Kellen Moore? I don't know much to say about him other than he put up a ton of yards at Boise St.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts