2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cleared waivers so the Steelers are stuck with the contract. As a veteran on the roster week 1 he will be paid his contract from the Steelers in addition to his pay from the Patriots.
I tell ya, being a sports stare ? has it's perks, ya play for a team and get paid, ya move on and STILL get paid from the original team AND the new team.

At my work, if I move to another company doing the same thing, I certainly don't continue to get paid from the first company. Sheesh.

I tell ya, being a sports stare ? has it's perks, ya play for a team and get paid, ya move on and STILL get paid from the original team AND the new team.

At my work, if I move to another company doing the same thing, I certainly don't continue to get paid from the first company. Sheesh.
Join a union in a multi billion dollar industry.

Join a union in a multi billion dollar industry.
I am IN a Union in a Multi Billion dollar company.

Difference here, if I leave (retire) I would get my money owed, but if I quit or was fired I would not.

As the ball player, was cut, he still gets his money ...

Only if he goes unclaimed on waivers.
So your saying if he had been claimed on waivers, he would have Not been paid from the Steelers anymore ?

Then again, why would ANY team claim him when they can have him for next to nothing unclaimed ... other than to keep him from other teams.
That happens in baseball quite often.

So your saying if he had been claimed on waivers, he would have Not been paid from the Steelers anymore ?

Then again, why would ANY team claim him when they can have him for next to nothing unclaimed ... other than to keep him from other teams.
That happens in baseball quite often.
Correct. A team claiming him would assume his entire contact. Steelers only owe him this years salary as a veteran player because he was on the roster week 1.

This only happens to sh!tty team. SMH. They FINALLY give the kid a chance...has a big first half...only two rushing TDs all year on the KC defense...and gets a concussion and can't play.

I wish this season would just end right now...

Simms just said exactly what I said..."they have changed they way they are playing...sitting back, unlike the first half where they were attacking...."

Well, i was hoping that they would join the Lions at 0-16 after thier start.....
However, they did manage to match them ... losing 16 in a row, they won the 17th game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)