211k with single slot dish

So you're saying it doesn't even do acquiring signal? That's odd... Could you take a pic of the screen it's stuck on?

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys
Sure...

Dish.jpg
This is the problem. Can't get software without a Sat signal, can't confirm Sat signal without the menu.

if you know anyone who has dish maybe take it there and d/l firmware...the Directv lnb should work as it is basically a legacy lnb.

Thanks for the link. By resetting with the power cord, I never get to a menu allowing any remote entry at all. It simply boots to this screen.

I've made it a step closer. Need to peak signal as I'm only getting 50s and 60s. Is 119 acceptable to download software or should I point to a different slot. Thanks for moving me forward!

I've made it a step closer. Need to peak signal as I'm only getting 50s and 60s. Is 119 acceptable to download software or should I point to a different slot. Thanks for moving me forward!

Ran a check switch?

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

yes, s/w is on 119. don't expect to get much higher signals on 119. look for around 80 on transponder 11. that is about max as the signal meter changed a few years ago. other transponders may have lower signals depending on the modulation method used.

Last edited:
Yes Mack..Wouldn't be done without the help. I'm old school Dish. I used to have 6 recievers hooked up to UHF modulators using diplexors and switches all over the place. I haven't done a DIY project since I went with DirecTV a while back. It's more challenging this way, but also alot more fun.

I had this very thing happen to me early this year when I got a replacement 722k and my dish setup was eastern arc. The replacement receiver would NOT download software from any other sat but the 119 sat and I had only 61.5/77/72.7 sats in my matrix. Finally I figured it out after hours and sleeping on it. I went and attached a side sat for 119 into the lnb in port and got 119 in the matrix and the replacement receiver finally downloaded the software. I now keep 119 in my matrix all the time. I had it for my hoppers and they too grabbed the software quickly because I had 119 in my matrix. The way DISH has their new receivers activated with the new software makes it only work with 119 sat. They should give you the option of running the checkswitch FIRST and then the receiver would grab the initial software download from either arc that way.

I had this very thing happen to me early this year when I got a replacement 722k and my dish setup was eastern arc. The replacement receiver would NOT download software from any other sat but the 119 sat and I had only 61.5/77/72.7 sats in my matrix. Finally I figured it out after hours and sleeping on it. I went and attached a side sat for 119 into the lnb in port and got 119 in the matrix and the replacement receiver finally downloaded the software. I now keep 119 in my matrix all the time. I had it for my hoppers and they too grabbed the software quickly because I had 119 in my matrix. The way DISH has their new receivers activated with the new software makes it only work with 119 sat. They should give you the option of running the checkswitch FIRST and then the receiver would grab the initial software download from either arc that way.

Very interesting. I have activated two 722ks on the eastern arc and all I had to do was run the Check Switch so it would recognize the EA satellites and everything was fine.

Very interesting. I have activated two 722ks on the eastern arc and all I had to do was run the Check Switch so it would recognize the EA satellites and everything was fine.

As the thread starter showed in his picture , you can't get to checkswitch screen with the new initial software download. You can't get even to that screen until it downloads the initial software-only available on 119 sat-according to the screen . If you don't have the 119 sat in your matrix you can't get that initial software download and can not progress to the checkswitch screen. IF you notice the DISH software team showed a trick you could do to get to that screen pushing some buttons on the remote control ,but this is the first time I have heard of this. When I called the tech department they kept saying there was no way to fix the problem on their end and they certainly didn't know of the remote control buttons you could push. The only way out was to add 119 sat into my matrix and the software finally downloaded. It is a problem that they need to FIX in their software screens ,especially for replacement receivers. As I pointed out to them and to y'all in this thread ,the first screen on the receiver should be the checkswitch screen and then download the initial software. This is how the receivers worked before the last year and it didn't cause these problems. But as usual DISH won't change it and this is what causes their customer call ins and truck rolls to soar. Just fix the software screens and it would be an easy fix. Not many subs know about the 119 sat that needs to be in the matrix or the special buttons to push on the remote control to get to the checkswitch screen. I've had this same problem when I first got the 722k , the 922 and any replacement receivers I have had in the last 4 years ,since I went with the eastern arc dish. Luckily I had a side sat from before that I could easily aim to 119 to get my receivers to download the initial software and activate. I now keep it in my matrix all the time so I don't ever have to go through this. When I got the hoppers I had no problems activating them ,because 119 was there and it grabbed the sat and the software without ever doing a checkswitch download a few steps from there.

Last edited:
They should give you the option of running the checkswitch FIRST and then the receiver would grab the initial software download from either arc that way.
It certainly makes no sense to not easily allow the installer access to the installation menus.

It certainly makes no sense to not easily allow the installer access to the installation menus.

Yep I agree,not sure if it's just a few receivers that are acting up or its an issue that needs to be addressed.

When software spools, it spools on both EA and WA. The situation listed above may have been an error in spooling or some type of problem that occurred. The installation wizard should complete on its own and be simple to get through and complete. If a manual check switch needs to be run, Point Dish can be accessed while in the installation wizard by pressing * # *.

If the installation wizard only looks at 119 for a software download, and the customer doesn't have 119, how is spooling to both arcs going to help? IMHO all software, if it forces anything at all, should go to the check switch screen first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)