40" C/Ku - Band Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
PopcornNMore said:
Mr. M,
Channel Master 1.2M Dish from Astro Too - $10 (C-Band and KU-Band)
Channel Master 1.2M Feed Support Arms from Future Vision - $20
Can of spray paint - $4
Homemade lightweight mount for H-H motor - $10
Total Cost: $44

Primestar 40X30 Dish w/ Mount from Astro Too - $10
Primestar Feed Support Arm from Future Vision - $15
Can of Spray Paint - $4
Total Cost: $29

Watching FTA TV from your homebrew dish: priceless

Future Vision - URL, Address and Phone # PLEASE!!!!

PopcornNMore said:
Mr. M,
Channel Master 1.2M Dish from Astro Too - $10 (C-Band and KU-Band)
Channel Master 1.2M Feed Support Arms from Future Vision - $20
Can of spray paint - $4
Homemade lightweight mount for H-H motor - $10
Total Cost: $44

Primestar 40X30 Dish w/ Mount from Astro Too - $10
Primestar Feed Support Arm from Future Vision - $15
Can of Spray Paint - $4
Total Cost: $29

Being down in Broward County, I would love to visit up north in Melbourne, Florida at some time, and visit Astro Too. Could you provide the URL, Address and Phone Number for Future Vision so I will know what I am up to b4 ever travelling up to Astro Too? Thanks for your consideration.

greyskies in Sunny South Florida (Oops, up on N.E. this week)

Great job guys using your 40" PS dishes.
Has anyone or perhaps can someone try to see what can be seen at SatMex 116.8w and Sol 113w, both in C-BAND.

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to any results from 116/113w

Galaxy 11

Anyone had any luck with getting viewable C-band signals from Galaxy 11 with a 40" dish? I noticed that RTN Russian programming is available, for a fee of course. It looks like their package is far superior to Dishnetwork's Russian package. I emailed them for more info but I have not heard anything yet. I may end up giving them a call....

MrM

MrMylesG said:
Anyone had any luck with getting viewable C-band signals from Galaxy 11 with a 40" dish? I noticed that RTN Russian programming is available, for a fee of course. It looks like their package is far superior to Dishnetwork's Russian package. I emailed them for more info but I have not heard anything yet. I may end up giving them a call....

MrM

I got the Word network once. The one I'd really like to get on G11 is the WB HD programming.

Hello Guys,

I got my Winegard 1m dish this past week and set it up this weekend. Wow what a difference. Before (76cm) is was getting the Tube (G10) at 15 -25 % quality. Now I'm getting it 55 -75%. RTPi (AMC4) is also a great improvement.
I'm able to get Hispat 1c (30W) at 30 - 50%.

The Sat Radar 0.3 DB Standard LNB I got for Jim Wu of Roxsat Satellite( http://roxsat.biz/default.php?cPath=3 ) works well. I have an Invacom Universal 0.3 and feel that the Sat Radar is much better. Jim has a dish set up in his store pointing out side and with the Sat Radar is able to pick up broad cast very well. Jim also carries the SG2100 extension (50mm) which made it very easy to install the Winegard 1M.

I have been buy stuff from Jim for over a year and he has been a great guy to deal with. I went with him because he's in New Jersey and I live in New England and he's was able to help me when I first got started in the FTA stuff.

One of the main reasons I got the 1m dish was due to all this talk about C band on the 1 meter.

I got the ASC421 and installed it on the dish but had no luck getting any signal. I'm using the Sg2100 and a disq switch to go back and forth from the Ku to Cband to ensure the dish is pointing to the correct satellite.

I have a few question:

1. Is any one using a Winegard 1m dish for this c band stuff?
2. Do you just have the ASC421 connected to the recieve?
3. What are you setting the FD to on the ASC421? I started of by setting mine to as far back as possible which was based on my estamite (0.5).
4. I have the ASC421 of to the side of the Ku LNB. Does it matter where to but it? I have it amine to the center of the disk just like the Ku LNB.
5. Will have the SG2100 and a disq in the ASC421 path cause me problems?

I would greatly appreiacte any help you can give me.

Thank you,
Virgil

Virgil Gomes said:
Hello Guys,

I got my Winegard 1m dish this past week and set it up this weekend. Wow what a difference. Before (76cm) is was getting the Tube (G10) at 15 -25 % quality. Now I'm getting it 55 -75%. RTPi (AMC4) is also a great improvement.
I'm able to get Hispat 1c (30W) at 30 - 50%.

The Sat Radar 0.3 DB Standard LNB I got for Jim Wu of Roxsat Satellite( http://roxsat.biz/default.php?cPath=3 ) works well. I have an Invacom Universal 0.3 and feel that the Sat Radar is much better. Jim has a dish set up in his store pointing out side and with the Sat Radar is able to pick up broad cast very well. Jim also carries the SG2100 extension (50mm) which made it very easy to install the Winegard 1M.

I have been buy stuff from Jim for over a year and he has been a great guy to deal with. I went with him because he's in New Jersey and I live in New England and he's was able to help me when I first got started in the FTA stuff.

One of the main reasons I got the 1m dish was due to all this talk about C band on the 1 meter.

I got the ASC421 and installed it on the dish but had no luck getting any signal. I'm using the Sg2100 and a disq switch to go back and forth from the Ku to Cband to ensure the dish is pointing to the correct satellite.

I have a few question:

1. Is any one using a Winegard 1m dish for this c band stuff?
2. Do you just have the ASC421 connected to the recieve?
3. What are you setting the FD to on the ASC421? I started of by setting mine to as far back as possible which was based on my estamite (0.5).
4. I have the ASC421 of to the side of the Ku LNB. Does it matter where to but it? I have it amine to the center of the disk just like the Ku LNB.
5. Will have the SG2100 and a disq in the ASC421 path cause me problems?

I would greatly appreiacte any help you can give me.

Thank you,
Virgil

I also have the Winegard 1m dish on an SG2100 motor. Can you take a picture of your setup so i can see how you mounted the ASC421? I'm also trying to do the same thing like you, trying to get C-Band with a 1 meter dish.

Thanks

Hi Pro-96,

I don't have a digital camara to take a picture. It's one of those things on my list to get but not a priority. I'll see if I can borough a camara from work.

What I did is I used 1.5" X 8" angle aluminun and drilled holes into it to match with the holes on the dish LNB arm. I mount the KU LNB to be mounted exactly where it would be normally and mounted the ASC421 to the left of it. I mounted the AS421 ring so that the AS421 would be at the same hieght as the KU lnb and I angled it to point to the same spot as the KU LNB using a wedge that I made and with washers.

I tried using a signal meter and holding the ASC421 (keep my self away from the dish focal point) with my hand and moving it in various direction and positions but got no results. My dish is 17' above ground on a pole and makes it difficult to do these experiments on a ladder.

Thanks for the reply
Virgil

Virgil Gomes said:
Hi Pro-96,

I don't have a digital camara to take a picture. It's one of those things on my list to get but not a priority. I'll see if I can borough a camara from work.

What I did is I used 1.5" X 8" angle aluminun and drilled holes into it to match with the holes on the dish LNB arm. I mount the KU LNB to be mounted exactly where it would be normally and mounted the ASC421 to the left of it. I mounted the AS421 ring so that the AS421 would be at the same hieght as the KU lnb and I angled it to point to the same spot as the KU LNB using a wedge that I made and with washers.

I tried using a signal meter and holding the ASC421 (keep my self away from the dish focal point) with my hand and moving it in various direction and positions but got no results. My dish is 17' above ground on a pole and makes it difficult to do these experiments on a ladder.

Thanks for the reply
Virgil

Take a look at the following picture, althought it's a 1.2m dish.. maybe you should mount the C-Band LNB on the right side (facing the dish)

It might just work for you better then on the left side.

Attachments

• fortec_1.2m.jpg
    fortec_1.2m.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 451
Has anyone or perhaps can someone try to see what can be seen at SatMex 116.8w and Sol 113w, both in C-BAND.

I was interested to know that too.. :)

Remington said:

I was interested to know that too.. :)

I might give it a shot this coming weekend if the tempeture drops below 100f :D

I just came off of the roof from playing with the p*and got it parked and peeked (ku)at amc 3. After getting amc 3 (ku) peeked i got ambitous......

I pulled out an old cband 65 degree lnb and feedhorn/scalar ring and my all time favorite fix all/ stick all, a roll of duct tape ;-) I pulled off the p* lnbf, hooked up the c band lnb and with signal meter still in line tried to find the focal point. I got it as close as i could and proceeded to tape it in place. First thing i checked was Bravo on AMC3 (videocipher II). I almost got it to lock in, but not quite enough signal for the vc module to lock.

Ohhhh wellllll. I think i need some plumbers tape or some other way to improve my c band lnb "mount", with the duct tape the lnb moved around too much. I played with it for a couple of hours trying different sats with no luck and decided to call it a day until i get a better mount set up.

What i really want to to is try for g12 and see how some of the analog (VCII) stuff comes in since i already have a sub to most of the channels there.

Bavo usually comes in with a signal of around 180 on my Drake 1724 / BUD combo, i got 140 on Bravo with the Drake/p* combo, with 155 needed to lock vcII signal and 180 giving a decent picture. A lot of the channels on g12 come in at 255 (sig meter max) on the Drake/ BUD combo so i have hope i can get a lock on some of them with the p*.

I have given up and got myself a Sami 6' BUD Getting LOADS of good stuff now, thanks to Cascade for the motivation.

(The wife is not too happy with Cascade :) )

Hi PSB,

How do I get one of these cone shaped scalar rings? Where can I order one?

Thanks

:welcome Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA Forum !

My scalar ring was hand made by member (and friend) Alec, I am sure they are also commercially available............

Thanks for the quick response and to cascade in providing alot of information and help and his 120cm cband experiment. I recently also installed a Fortec 120cm dish with a Cband lnbf. I am getting some good results but I think the dish/lnbf still needs some tweaking. Just wondering since you guys have spent more time playing with the cband experiment than I have so far if you found that putting the lnbf in a position to the right/left of the focal point helped? Right now my lnbf is basically sitting on the arm of the dish. Did you find that raising the lnbf so that it reflects higher up on the dish helped? In other words, not have the lnbf sit right on the arm of the dish?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am planning on trying to play with the dish this weekend in an effort to try and optimize reception.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)