Adding another HD receiver - How?

jdad11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
US
Currently, I have one VIP722k and one VIP222K.
3 TVs:
Room 1: HD

Room 2: Standard TV (non-high Def)
Room 1 has a direct cable run from VIP722k TV2 port to room 2.

Room 3: HD

Current subscription: AT250

I wish to upgrade Room 2 standard def TV to HD TV.

What I need to know:

a) Do I just call Dish and llease another one VIP 222K receiver from dish ($7/month)?

b) Upon receiving the new VIP 222K receiver, can I split using the satellite cable in room 1 (TV1 - HD) and run it to Room 2 (new VIP222K) receiver?

Thank you.

Not only can you not split signals, but a 222 costs you $14/mo, not $7. I sense an upgrade possibility, though.

To do what you want will require a DPP44 or a DPP33 multiswitch. I think that a DPP33 will work as you are just wanting 3 outputs and you won't need a power supply with that switch. You should be able to get one off of eBay for about $50. You can probably find a good deal on a 211K on eBay too and you won't be in a contract with Dish if you go that route. This assumes that you are handy and comfortable doing a self install. If not, might be better to let Dish do it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Save the money, get a hopper. Call it a day.

The problem with hopper.. it cost me additional $5 more per month for DVR fee. My current DVR from 722k is only $7/month.
The other 211k (has external hard drive) no DVR fee but already paid $40 for one time activation.
Room 2 does not need DVR. Just HD receiver.

Furthermore, I heard that Hopper users started in May 2014 no longer get HD for life for free. You've to pay $10/month more per month for HD channels. :(

To do what you want will require a DPP44 or a DPP33 multiswitch. I think that a DPP33 will work as you are just wanting 3 outputs and you won't need a power supply with that switch. You should be able to get one off of eBay for about $50. You can probably find a good deal on a 211K on eBay too and you won't be in a contract with Dish if you go that route. This assumes that you are handy and comfortable doing a self install. If not, might be better to let Dish do it.
Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sounds like I must make a run to the rooftop to the antenna... can't do the regular inside house split eh?
If I buy my own 211k, will Dish still charge me for the $7/month receiver fee?

To do what you want will require a DPP44 or a DPP33 multiswitch.
A 1000.x dish should serve the TS just fine with its built-in DPP43 switching capability.

I'd go with a 1H2J (1 Hopper, 2 Joeys) system if the price was right and you could have DVR capability all around.

A 1000.x dish should serve the TS just fine with its built-in DPP43 switching capability.

I'd go with a 1H2J (1 Hopper, 2 Joeys) system if the price was right and you could have DVR capability all around.

When I looked at the setup on my screen. it says it is pointing to 61.5, 72.7, and 77 (eastern arc).
So, this must be dish 1000.4 ? 3 output + 1 input on the LNB?

If I can find one open output on it, I can run a cable from it to the new receiver?

Thanks guys! I will see if I can get another 211k receiver from Dish. I like the idea of hopper but Dish charges too much for it.
I wish there's a cheaper way to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)