AL Central Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a loss today ....

Out of Minnesota and forgot how to play again.

Oddly enough, they are only 3.5 out ....

Actually 4 now that the Indians have won today. Sox only 1/2 game out though and playing very well. Sale had 15 K's today.

And a loss today ....

Out of Minnesota and forgot how to play again.

Oddly enough, they are only 3.5 out ....

Actually 4 now that the Indians have won today. Sox only 1/2 game out though and playing very well. Sale had 15 K's today.

Thing is, the way the Tigers have played for the last 2 months, they should be about 12 GB

Jim leyland yesterday in his post game interview had a Dennis Green moment when discussing the blown calls in yesterday's game

Jim leyland yesterday in his post game interview had a Dennis Green moment when discussing the blown calls in yesterday's game

They definitely got screwed yesterday but I'm sick of the players taking a strike and then yelling at the ump. In the last few games I have seen this from Cabrera multiple times, Dirks, Boesch, and Avila. The players need to leave the arguing to the coaches and play the damn game. Baseball players are taught since little league that you have to protect the plate by swinging at anything close with 2 strikes. Get that bat off your shoulder and protect the plate so you don't have to leave it up to the ump's judgement.

Verlander having a rare bad game tonight ....
Everything Boston is swinging at, in the strike zone or otherwise is falling in. :rant:

Twins get their 2nd walk off HR at Target Field IN 2 1/2 YEARS!!

Umm...maybe they need to bring the fences in a smidge

Another Tigers loss....I have stopped looking at the standings

Another Tigers loss....I have stopped looking at the standings

I still have faith that the raw talent on this team will overtake the rest of the division by the end of the season. It's not that early anymore though and we still haven't made it back to .500. I am ignoring the standings until they start to play better as well. Once we get a few games above .500 I will start watching the standings again.

Mid season analysis:

And to think, the Tribe is still hanging in there even with Hafner and Sizemore on the DL and the player formally known as Fausto Carmona still being held up at Custom's in the Dominican Republic.

Pitching has been what I expected. Adequate starting staff. Some underwhelming (Ubaldo and Masterson). Some surprisingly efficient (Lowe). Some filthy and nasty as always (Chris Perez and the bullpen).

We'll need the big bats healthy towards the end of the year. Johnny Damon has been miserable. I'm not sure how much longer we can afford to keep him in the lineup. I'm not sure if we can depend on the health of Sizemore or Hafner either, although both are on the last year of their contract and I'm sure are eager to return in order to build their resume for next year. With that said, the front office needs to make a move to get a big right handed bat we can plug into the middle of the order. Pitching and defense can only keep us afloat so long.

Mid season analysis Tigers:

They are stinking up the place :)

Iceberg said:
Twins need to win tonight to take the series with the Royals :)

It's nice that the Twins are playing better. It's probably too late, but it's at least tolerable to watch them.

This is what sucks with Fox and their game :rolleyes: of the week

This weeks games on Saturday
Royals-Pirates
Dodgers-Mariners
Indians-Cardinals
Rays-Marlins
Mets-Yankees

so 2 AL central teams are on the game of the week yet we in Minneapolis get the f***ing Skankees/Mutts shoved down our throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)