ANOTHER FREEZE UP VIP722K

supermod38

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
central, ny
I have a slight problem with this receiver. it is not frequent, but sometimes it locks up as the pic freezes and no audio. no response from the remote at all. only way to get back to live TV is reset button. may or may not be related but it only seems to do this just after a phone call and the caller ID does not work. when caller ID shows it doesn't freeze. i have had this receiver since 11/1/2012 , my install date. using in single mode at this time.

of course the only time it will freeze is right when it is in the middle of my program and i miss 5 or 10 min of the show. is this a sign of my receiver going bad or just a quirk. i will start keeping a LOG on the frequency of the freeze-ups in the future.

thanks for any input, bob

If you have an OTA module, there is a conflict that causes the remote to become useless, the screen or nanner freeze and reboot to occur. DISH hopes that software update L752 corrects the problem. It was rolled out in June and July. We shall see.

do NOT have OTA, and it has happened again, phone rings and the remote goes useless, reset receiver and all is well again! looks like about once a week it will do this:mad: