Anyone have an HP-Media Center PC?

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi, Well, I have been playing with my PC. Up until now I never had cable and did not use the Media center except for the FM radio. I talked to HP today about how to transfer recordings from the HD to a DVD blank that will play in a regular DVD player.

They had me re-install Sonic My DVD and I waited for about 2 hrs. to just transfer 2 eps. of Enterprise. The disc never finished as I was messing around with the settings on the Media Center. Anyway, is there an easier way to put HD recordings on a DVD blank then using Sonic? Perhaps I just don't know enough about it yet.

If this doesn't work I guess for now I'll have to rent C-cast's DVR as I really don't have big bucks for a TiVo unit. If anyone knows how to do this task or can direct me to another site I'd appreciate your help.

Sonic and Nero work just fine...it just takes a while. An hour of HD on a MCE takes 5-10GB of space. So, the software has to convert it into a usable format AND compress it so it will fit on a DVD.

Sonic and Nero work just fine...it just takes a while. An hour of HD on a MCE takes 5-10GB of space. So, the software has to convert it into a usable format AND compress it so it will fit on a DVD.

Hi, I did what the HP rep told me step by step. I only was putting 2 Enterprise eps. from my HD to a DVD blank. At least 2 hrs. passed and it still was not done. I went on the Media Ctr. and was adjusting some settings and the whole computer froze up.

I need to know which part of Sonic to use, and the shortest way possible to burn a DVD.

Note: In the HP Media Ctr. book it states: Only SOME DVD players will play a burned disc from the HD. That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I burn discs regularly with another software product and the time factor is usually around 40 minutes for read & burn. It seems like this Media Ctr. is not all what it's cracked up to be. How hard can it be to simply transfer HD files to a DVD blank? Thanks.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts