Back with Directv!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
After several years of Dish and a year of nothing, I'm happy to be back with Directv. Used to love it and don't know why I swapped. Their bringing me a Genie and the Xtra package on Monday. Have I missed anything?????

I got told today there was no way to guarantee a 34 instead of a 44. I said well that's stupid that your system just lists them both as a genie and acting like there's no difference in the two. Told them I will just refuse the install if the guy shows up with a 34 so make sure he has one on the truck before he installs anything

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

We are getting installed later today and I too will refuse if he doesn't have the HR-44. Lady on the phone was saying there was no difference between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 44 is smaller, has the faster processor, wireless built in to the clients.

You may miss the speed and the abil
The 44 is smaller, has the faster processor, wireless built in to the clients.
You should probably clarify or remove the part about "wireless built in to the clients".

The HR44 Wi-fi feature is not a substitute for a Wireless Video Bridge. It is used only as a Cinema Connection Kit to connect the DECA cloud to your Internet connection.

So what happens if you refuse the install for a 44? Will they bring you one or tell you too bad?
You'll have to ask the installer(when he calls you) if he have the HR44 before he gets there, on the installation date

If he doesn't have it
then you can refuse the install and reschedule calling Directv again. But most techs install HR44's unless they're out of stock.

Another difference is that the HR34 locks up all the time and the guide displays is very, very, very slow. Basically, it's the worst receiver of all the new DVRs they have in the last few years. I have one, so I can speak. Refuse it!!!

Another difference is that the HR34 locks up all the time and the guide displays is very, very, very slow. Basically, it's the worst receiver of all the new DVRs they have in the last few years. I have one, so I can speak. Refuse it!!!
Except there are plenty of people that will say thiers works just fine, so you can't label it that way, your may be that way, but they aern't all that way.

So what happens if you refuse the install for a 44? Will they bring you one or tell you too bad?

You can reschedule a couple/few times, but after a point, they will no longer do that.

The installer did not call or I missed the call. Before he even started checking for a line of sight, I asked him if he had any HR-44's left. He said he had one left. He said even if he didn't have any and I really wanted one he would make sure I got one. Overall coming from E I am pretty happy with the Genie.

You can reschedule a couple/few times, but after a point, they will no longer do that.
You can reschedule twice if you refuse on the third attempt for install then your job is canceled completely. This holds true for all visit types. 3 strikes your out. If you schedule a service call and art home you will be contacted for reschedule. If you aren't home the 2nd time you will be able to request a 3rd visit. If you are not home the 3rd time your order is canceled completely

The installer did not call or I missed the call. Before he even started checking for a line of sight, I asked him if he had any HR-44's left. He said he had one left. He said even if he didn't have any and I really wanted one he would make sure I got one. Overall coming from E I am pretty happy with the Genie.

I think you'll be quite happy with your HR-44. I certainly am, and this was one of the reasons I switched from E to D. Heck, I even left E early to come back to D.
Got my ETF rebate card in the mail today. It only took two weeks once I mailed them my final E bill.

That's good to know, but I'm gonna ask as soon as he drives up. Just something else to make my OCD get fired up about.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Or when he calls you before arriving, He'll confirm what he carries on his truck and the eta for his arrival, Automated system calls first to confirm installation, before the tech calls you

I think you'll be quite happy with your HR-44. I certainly am, and this was one of the reasons I switched from E to D. Heck, I even left E early to come back to D.
Got my ETF rebate card in the mail today. It only took two weeks once I mailed them my final E bill.

Yes I'm quite happy. Wife isn't happy about not having prime time anytime anymore, no sirius XM channels but I'm sure she will adjust. I am impressed with how fast it is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)