Beta Testers Wanted - Sling Media Wants YOU!

Maybe they feared you'd figure out too much!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Got the same request....

Got this message from them today.

"Thank you for your interest in joining the beta program for Dish. We would like to gather a little more data from you before proceeding with the next step of beta enrollment. Please reply back to this mail with the following information. Once we get this information back from you, we will verify your account status and let you know how to proceed with the enrollment. If you have any questions regarding this please do hesitate to email us.

What is your Dish subscriber account number?
Which Dish receivers do you have on your account? (if you didn’t answer this previously)
Are you active in other forums besides Satellite Guys?
If you answer yes to question 3, please let us know which forums and your username for those forums.

Thank you,

Dish Beta Team"

Guess they don't like girls....even girls with software testing experience who are home with the TV on 24/7 thanks to a back injury. :(

Well that sucks. But I can't believe it's because you're a girl. So what is going on here? Maybe you typed your email address wrong? Their message went into your spam folder? I've had a salesman who presumably wants to get more money out of me, and my own sister, mess up their spam filters and deep six my messages. Happens.

Got mine today... haven't answered.... I have two accounts and use one 95% of the time... Tomorrow morning I will send it in asap!

Folks: THINK!

Don't give these people all that personal information. Not only will THEY have it, for whatever uses they may devise, but OTHERS will have it too, down the road, as they get hacked. Even if they never get hacked, WHY would you lay yourself BARE to these people?

Well that sucks. But I can't believe it's because you're a girl. So what is going on here? Maybe you typed your email address wrong? Their message went into your spam folder? I've had a salesman who presumably wants to get more money out of me, and my own sister, mess up their spam filters and deep six my messages. Happens.

Yay! They like me, they really like me!! Teehee! Got an email! Weee!

Folks: THINK!

Don't give these people all that personal information. Not only will THEY have it, for whatever uses they may devise, but OTHERS will have it too, down the road, as they get hacked. Even if they never get hacked, WHY would you lay yourself BARE to these people?

Would you like to help explain some of your paranoia?... What if your account from your auto pay gets hacked? whats the difference?.. Look EBay was just hit....your point being?

But if you have some great incite please tell us..thanks

Navy,afaik,this is Dish.Pretty sure Scott wouldn't have allowed it here if it were some unscrupulous outfit.The only info I gave them,is info that is already listed on their website.

Would you like to help explain some of your paranoia?... What if your account from your auto pay gets hacked? whats the difference?.. Look EBay was just hit....your point being?

But if you have some great incite please tell us..thanks

First, it's "insight."

Yes, part of Dish. And Dish knows who I am due to assistance I received thru DIRT. But why do they need your usernames on other forums? Why would any entity need to know where you frequent and your posts and positions on a wide variety of topics? Just simple security concerns would indicate it is better to limit how much personal info is spread about.

Reactions: TheKrell
Perhaps they will want to monitor your posts on other forums to ensure you aren't breaking the NDA, although it's easy enough to create a new account.

Perhaps they will want to monitor your posts on other forums to ensure you aren't breaking the NDA, although it's easy enough to create a new account.

Exactly. And they know how easy someone could get away with breaking an NDA. I certainly agree with them protecting their property, but their requests may not do much to serve that end, and concentrates some personal info in one spot. Then if there is a data breach, all the more personal info is lost.

I got a second response from them...any one else?

Yes, said to be patient, they will get back in touch sometime.Not sure why they started this if they weren't prepared to start right away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)