BREAKING VOOM DVR News from CES!!!

Alright! So, I called up and ordered the DVR. I should have it by March 31. I'm so glad it will have been beta tested and without bugs! Also, I can't believe Voom is actually delivering on SO MANY promises to have the DVR released in March. Thanks Voom! You ROCK!!!

:haha :neener

And then they wonder why they're going out of business! :rolleyes:

I just called VOOM and then did a online chat. I was told the DVR is NOT available yet from 2 different reps. They both said it is in beta testing and will be out before the middle of the year.

I think the above post was a hoax, someone trying to be funny/slam VOOM for not having the DVR out yet.

ChetK said:
Alright! So, I called up and ordered the DVR. I should have it by March 31. I'm so glad it will have been beta tested and without bugs! Also, I can't believe Voom is actually delivering on SO MANY promises to have the DVR released in March. Thanks Voom! You ROCK!!!

:haha :neener

And then they wonder why they're going out of business! :rolleyes:

TROLL ALERT!!!

This is a good example of trolling. ChetK, I know you tried VOOM and didn't work for you. Why do you care about coming back trolling to this forum?

Mods: do we have a winner here for the 3 day vacation?

Hey Walter! You're awesome dude!

So I guess now, when anybody points out the TRUTH about Voom, they should go on a "3 day vacation"?

If you consider the truth trolling, maybe you should blame Voom for that and not me.

What bothers me the most about Voom is that they have such great potential, but they never deliver on their promises. It's always one excuse after another. I was going to say, "They're not kidding anybody", but appearently, they are!

3 day vacation policy said:
there is no need for the childish name calling and fighting

Also note that I have never personally insulted anyone here for their beliefs. I've ALWAYS given an honest fair assessment. Others will tell you the same.

ChetK said:
So I guess now, when anybody points out the TRUTH about Voom, they should go on a "3 day vacation"?

You don't know the truth...none of us do. You are simply inciting a riot.

I will wait for the DVR. Very rarely does a product ever get delivered on time. Look at video game systems and actual video games. I think Halo2 was delayed close to a year while they worked out the bugs. The PS2 and XBOX systems were also delayed far past original release dates.

All good things come to those who wait. :)

Various posts deleted. Those that responded were also deleted. Some people do not have anything better to do. Chetk, please stop this nonsense. We do not need this. When the DVR is out, it will be out. Posting this type of things only creates confusion. It does not help anyone. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sean Mota said:
Various posts deleted. Those that responded were also deleted. Some people do not have anything better to do. Chetk, please stop this nonsense. We do not need this. When the DVR is out, it will be out. Posting this type of things only creates confusion. It does not help anyone. Thank you for your cooperation.
So it's OK for Sean to say the E* lies, but not OK for Chetk to say that V* lies?

mdonnelly said:
So it's OK for Sean to say the E* lies, but not OK for Chetk to say that V* lies?

Did you read the actual message? If you read it, you know what I meant. This has nothing to do with either one lying but the intention on the user.

I am a newbie to this forum and what I can't understand is why some are so anti VOOM. This IS America and everyone has a choice! If you do not like VOOM then do not subscribe! Take your hard earned money elsewhere. Why come here a ruin a board that was meant to provide us VOOMers with the best VOOM info available?

I guess I just do not understand. I had D* a few years back and I exercised my choice and went elsewhere (ie VOOM). I do not go to the D* or E* forum and bash their service. The D* and E* message board is for their subscribers enjoyment and to discuss their service.

I guess as a newbie here I am just a bit confused why non VOOMers even care and more importantly why they need to bash them.

I really like this website and it is VERY informative but the flamers and trolls really make the enjoyment level of the site go down.

$.02 from a newbie

Sorry Sean! You know, I'm your biggest fan. You know that right? I love what you've done with the place. Really!

Next time, I'll just say the real truth:

Voom is the best thing to happen to HD. Voom has the absolute best HD known to man and they will continue to do so unless Echostar buys them. The installation of Voom by Installs Inc. is a breeze. I hope Voom continues to add more HD content, but don't worry...Voom has plenty of bandwidth so picture quality isn't really much of an issue. It's just as good as Dish Network anyway, but with far more HD channels. If Voom decides they want to tell us that the PVR will be released by a certain time, they're just joking. It could be sooner or later than the promised date and you shouldn't worry about it either way. It will eventually be here and other companies joke about release dates all the time. Really, it's industry practice.

I wonder why people cancel Voom and continue to come to the voom forums just to joke around. Dish has a DVR, so go buy one and enjoy. They do have great looking HD. Us Voom subscribers will worry about voom's DVR release date. :yes

Wayne

ChetK said:
If Voom decides they want to tell us that the PVR will be released by a certain time, they're just joking. It could be sooner or later than the promised date and you shouldn't worry about it either way. It will eventually be here and other companies joke about release dates all the time. Really, it's industry practice.

You forgot: "The VOOM DVR video from CES is an optical illusion/hoax. Even though the guy appears to speak from a VOOM booth about the VOOM DVR he was, in reality, filmed in front of blue screen and a video editor was used to make it look was he was in the VOOM booth in LAs Vegas. He was actually filmed in Piscataway, NJ and the voice was recorded and added by a third party in Rochester Hills, MI. The video was only posted on SatGuys for entertainment purposes as it is obvious to anyone with a brain that it is fake."

Id this the same Chet K as on AVS? The one that works for HDnet? Owned by Cuban? Who lets D* destroy his channels because they are his major carrier and is therefore Rupert Murdochs' "puppet boy"? That would explain some things.