C-Band On 39 inch dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
i was playing around yesterday, i was surprised i could pick up a few C-band TPs on my 39 inch dish.....

IMG-20140722-01467.jpg
IMG-20140722-01468.jpg
IMG-20140722-01469.jpg

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Cool! Might have to give it a try on my dish!:) What receiver was that? (like the display for signal and quality:D)

it is a Viewsat Ultra, it has the nicest displays (in my opinion) of any receiver i have or have used (and i have LOTS!) but no DVB-S2 :(

it is a Viewsat Ultra, it has the nicest displays (in my opinion) of any receiver i have or have used (and i have LOTS!) but no DVB-S2 :(
Shame it's not DVB-S2, but definitely a keeper since there's still quite a few DVB channels yet. I found that out the hard way when my equipment recently took a lightning strike and needed replaced. I had to temporaily use an old Sonicview 4000 (DVB only as well). That one has a nice feature where you can display a snapshot of 4, 9 or 16 channels on screen and then select the one you want to watch. Shame some of the newer receivers don't retain these nice displays and features - they should be able to do them really well with the fast processors in them.

I need to get a cband lnb for my 1 meter primestar and see what I can do with it out at lake. Its just sitting in my back yard next to my unimesh at the moment.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

anybody know of any other satellites with strong c-band TPs i could try out?
or is what im getting pretty much the strongest out there?

for a COLD setup 99w is pretty much the way to go.
before putting up the BUD, i got most all the really good stuff on 99w with a obsessive compulsively well tuned 1m dish with a conical scaler and a bsc421.

Get yourself a titiaum pll lnbf you see the difference I will guarantee you see better results. Lesea channels should be higher than that be about 70 on quality. Look at my setup for example.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)