Can the Hopper Guide and DVR Listing Font Size be User Changed?

I think the new remote is coming will be issued with new installs only. And you can purchase it otherwise. That's how I read it atleast. I plan on buying one when available(granted I'm allowed by the gf, as I will finally have a TV bill to finally pay).

Reactions: thomasjk
Is there any word when dish is going to release the new black EPG for the hopper mentioned earlier in this thread?

I did a Google search and came across this thread - same complaint as OP, Dish needs to add a way to customize the guide font size.
Just got my Hopper 3 system today and can't say I'm completely happy since this seems like a small, but very important issue for Dish customers.
To clarify, I've increased the font size to the larger size - but it's just not large enough.

I did a Google search and came across this thread - same complaint as OP, Dish needs to add a way to customize the guide font size.
Just got my Hopper 3 system today and can't say I'm completely happy since this seems like a small, but very important issue for Dish customers.
To clarify, I've increased the font size to the larger size - but it's just not large enough.
This is likely something not to change anytime in the near future. They already gave the option to change the sizes, I don't see them making the options even larger. Who knows though.

Isn't there a magnification function in the Accessibility settings of the U336 software...
I'm not at home, but I did poke around in the settings and I think there is. I vaguely recall seeing an 'icon' for it - there were (3) total. I played with the first one, that one that makes the Hopper read the text (from menus) on screen and it was so bad, I disabled it and backed out of the Accessibility menu. I'm at work so I can't check....

Reactions: Troch77
I'm not at home, but I did poke around in the settings and I think there is. I vaguely recall seeing an 'icon' for it - there were (3) total. I played with the first one, that one that makes the Hopper read the text (from menus) on screen and it was so bad, I disabled it and backed out of the Accessibility menu. I'm at work so I can't check....
I'm still using 334.

How time does fly. It is hard to believe that I started this topic over two years ago and I still don't have the new UI. I guess Dish's SOON is still alive and well. However, I did get the update S542 on 12/14/2016. Maybe it will come by this time next year.

Reactions: BnT.atl
How time does fly. It is hard to believe that I started this topic over two years ago and I still don't have the new UI. I guess Dish's SOON is still alive and well. However, I did get the update S542 on 12/14/2016. Maybe it will come by this time next year.

You can have it anytime you want it:

Using your Hopper Remote do the following:
- Press Menu
- Select Settings
- Select Diagnostics
- Select Updates
- Press the Play button twice
- Press Recall
- Select Download Now
- Let it do its thing, do not interrupt it.

You can have it anytime you want it:

Using your Hopper Remote do the following:
- Press Menu
- Select Settings
- Select Diagnostics
- Select Updates
- Press the Play button twice
- Press Recall
- Select Download Now
- Let it do its thing, do not interrupt it.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the link. It sounds like there are still some issues with the interface. My purpose for the upgrade would be so my wife could read the guide better on her TV. If it messes up some of the features or makes it harder for her to operate, I may have to wait until things get fixed. Any advice?

A lot of those posts are old problems and the interface is pretty cleaned up now. It's what's being pushed to new customers and existing customers little by little so waiting any longer probably won't get you much benefit. It's kind of like waiting for Windows10 to be bug free before using it. You might be waiting forever. :)

Reactions: Hall
A lot of those posts are old problems and the interface is pretty cleaned up now. It's what's being pushed to new customers and existing customers little by little so waiting any longer probably won't get you much benefit. It's kind of like waiting for Windows10 to be bug free before using it. You might be waiting forever. :)
Thanks for the help.

Isn't there a magnification function in the Accessibility settings of the U336 software...
Yes, there is.

dd8ec0cf0f719876397873cfb1529907.jpg

Sorry for how dark the picture is. I think you can make out the top, bottom, and left side. The right-hand side is where the pop-up window is cut off on the right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts