Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here at SatelliteGuys we listen to you our members. In our supporting pub members are we have a special section called the "SatelliteGuys Advisory Council" all supporters are part of this special advisory board.

We have heard their cry for splitting the HDDVD & Blu-Ray Disc forum into two seperate forums, and will soon be making this change.

In addition I am asking our staff to closely monitor these areas to cut down on the flame wars from fan boys of both formats.

From where I sit BOTH formats provide consumers with an EXCELLENT High Defition presentation. And BOTH formats also have their own flaws.

Here at SatelliteGuys we are working to embrace both formats.

Its like soda, some people like Coke, others like Pepsi, some like both and others drink only water. What you like is your choice, please don't pick on others because they like something that you may not prefer.

We will be making these changes in the next few days!

Our thanks to our advisory council members for their feedback!

I think its a great move, it will help filter some unwanted comments, people come to this site to learn, and alot of threads in this area have become wars, not imfortive opinions/posts...

As much as I enjoy my spirited debates with hpman, I like the idea of getting rid of the "my format is great, yours is crap" arguments...

Scott,

I made my comments about this already. I really don't think this will help, and if anything, it will only complicate things.

However, it's your call, so good luck and I hope the move makes things better.

We got it all figured out. ;)

And of course where other sites have failed we will succeed... SatelliteGuys style. :D

What Bob said.

Then aren't you risking being accused of taking sides?

Because, how it is now, offending posts can be deleted, and since it is in a unified forum, it would be a hard accusation to make, splitting the forums however, might make post deletions seem biased now that there is that degree of seperation of forums, people get mad at deletions, and start raving about bias, you know how that goes (sounds kind of like what happend at dbstalk).

This is cool news. Now folks who would like to post and asked questions about their selected format can do so without being bodyslammed. Maybe we can even see more info being shared. Thanks Scott and the 'Advisory Council'.:hatsoff:

Hey, Vurbano, Bob & teamericson - you guys will still come and visit the BD won't you?:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts