Combining CATV With 211K

69sixpackbee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2010
So. Cal.
What is the best way to **split** the signal for bringing in CATV to my existing 211k?
Let me elaborate a bit more.
In my RV I have a 211k set up on a legacy (Winegard) dish so I am getting one bird at a time..no biggie. I also have and external coax connection that I used in the past (before adding satellite) for connecting to a CATV line when I pulled into a park that had cable. I made a junction box with 3 coax connectors and a jumper lead that I moved from SAT to CATV when I wanted to send the signal to the TV. Kind of archaic but it worked. I would like to be able to combine the two into one cable to make it easier.
What is the best way to achieve this scenario? A pair of diplexers like this:
diplexer.gif

Thanx in advance!:up

Bud

:)I'm no expert on the subject, but we are also currently 'camping' until next October. We too have a 211k, but are using it w/1000.4 dish planted on a pole in the ground.

I paid the Sat guy to do this - aiming this thing just didn't work out for me and the trees, he had to find just the right spot and use a taller pole to give us, I would hope @least 2 years on this spot. (tree growth issue)

Anyhow, we have the separate connections outside our camper, one for park cable and one for satellite. That equates to separate connections inside as well. I asked the sat guy about hooking the park connection to the back of the 211k, but he suggested just keeping it separate w/the park connection going directly to the rear of the TV set.

By the way, you are using HDMI connection from the 211k to the TV aren't you? This makes switching between park and sat really easy. When we want the park system for the local news/weather, we use the TV remote and go either up or down on the channel change buttons. We are immediately brought to the local channels. When we want back on sat we go into the TV menu and opt for the HDMI sat selection and we are then back on sat.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your camping. We certainly do, converter problems not withstanding. Replacement converter arrives FedEx today. :rant:

By the way, you did bring your EHD w/you didn't you?

Not sure if I understand correctly, but I will explain my setup at my house to see if its similar.

I have CATV and Satellite combined into one line going to my living room. Before it goes into the receiver I split the connection with a diplexer. The "ant" goes to my TV and gets the clear QAM HD locals. Then the "sat" goes to the receiver (split again for input 1 & 2).

This way I can get local HD when the weather is bad and satellite for the other times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)