Comet TV

Never thought to ask but I noticed Cordillera Communications (Evening Post Industries) has been quite in all the Comet launch, the decades replacement of This in Wisconsin, Buzzr/Heroes launches on the Fox OTS, the Media General multi channel launches, the ions, possible GetTV deals. I wont make any predictions (If there is no proof no need to say) but maybe it's time for them to put their name in the hat for something (Comet would be a start). Maybe another choice for Media General too look at....

It's been real busy the last 5 months...

That's because they haven't changed their programming yet. Still the same stuff over and over. So far it's basically another RTV, just with a different set of 40 episodes/movies.

Sadly that seems to be the norm lately with some of these new stations. Buzzzr is now the same way with a lot of the shows repeating. I've seen the X-Mas Press Your Luck shows three times now in 2 months. I've spoken about the repetitiveness of Decades in another thread.

Reactions: danristheman
CometTV has been added in St Louis on KPLR 11-3 (Tribune station) which is odd as there is a Sinclair station (KDNL 30 ABC) in the market

Perhaps Sinclair affiliates have seen what the mother ship has wrought.
nah. Tribune was on the list of companies to carry it at launch (along with Titan Broadcast). This one is unique as (noted above) there is a Sinclair station in the market. This makes it one (if not the only one) where Comet is on a station not owned by Sinclair in a Sinclair market.

edit: it IS the only market where Comet is on a non-sinclair station in a Sinclair market.

I dont know where you are getting "over 40"
The only subs I see according to Rabbitears that arent on Charter are Escape, This, Antenna and Laff. Most cable companies dont carry the Ion subs and the rest look like stations that dont qualify for "must carry"
Comcast here in North Georgia carries ION, QUBO, and ION LIFE. If that's what you were referring to.

edit: it IS the only market where Comet is on a non-sinclair station in a Sinclair market.

Here in Columbus, Comet is aired by a non-Sinclair owned station (although the station is programmed by Sinclair owned station).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWHO

Iceberg, what's an effective way to get DTV to add local sub-channels to their guide service so the AM21 will pick up the channels? I really want to receive WWHO 53.3 Comet and WSYX 6.3 AntennaTV (just added, was previously on WBNS 10.2 which now airs Decades).

Here in Columbus, Comet is aired by a non-Sinclair owned station (although the station is programmed by Sinclair owned station).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWHO
There are a few situations like that where someone else owns it and gave the keys to Sinclair so in reality its a Sincalir station.
The St Louis case the 2 stations have no association at all which makes it interesting as St Louis can see Ring of Honor on 2 different RF stations (the ABC station and Comet)

Iceberg, what's an effective way to get DTV to add local sub-channels to their guide service so the AM21 will pick up the channels?
scrap it and get a Tivo series 3 with lifetime :)
Honestly Directv wont add anything to the database and wont
I really want to receive WWHO 53.3 Comet and WSYX 6.3 AntennaTV (just added, was previously on WBNS 10.2 which now airs Decades).
There is a monkey shine way of adding stations to the database by using other areas zipcodes that have the numbers in the database but it involves looking at the database and finding what station in a different market that (as example) has a RF48 and a 6.3 together to view it (even though in most cases it wont be the same guide info). So then they load ANOTHER zip into it that has AntennaTV info so you can see at least what is on

Confused yet? Best bet is to look in the Directv area on some threads