Comet TV

There are a few situations like that where someone else owns it and gave the keys to Sinclair so in reality its a Sincalir station.
The St Louis case the 2 stations have no association at all which makes it interesting as St Louis can see Ring of Honor on 2 different RF stations (the ABC station and Comet)

scrap it and get a Tivo series 3 with lifetime :)
Honestly Directv wont add anything to the database and wont

There is a monkey shine way of adding stations to the database by using other areas zipcodes that have the numbers in the database but it involves looking at the database and finding what station in a different market that (as example) has a RF48 and a 6.3 together to view it (even though in most cases it wont be the same guide info). So then they load ANOTHER zip into it that has AntennaTV info so you can see at least what is on

Confused yet? Best bet is to look in the Directv area on some threads

You only need to match the OTA PSIP channels, RF doesn't matter anymore. I force in MeTV on 5-3 from Texas and the RF isn't close.

But yeah... Cumbersome and dumb. I am lucky that all my local (USA) channels and subchannels are in the database, if you force MeTV on 5-3. Other than the wrong call letters, you'd never know. In NC, I had to force a lot of subchannels and eventually, I just said screw it and made a custom list on titan tv to see what's on the subs. Now I do the same to see CBC Montréal.

Any chances of getting Comet TV to Albuquerque's TV market anytime soon since noted that Antenna TV may be moving from KCHFDT and KNMQ-LD? Any hint of news on Comet TV?:hungry

Any chances of getting Comet TV to Albuquerque's TV market anytime soon since noted that Antenna TV may be moving from KCHFDT and KNMQ-LD? Any hint of news on Comet TV?:hungry
nope. Nothing
Most are Sinclair stations (or sinclair run)
Titan Management or some Tribune stations

Just can't understand why it's so difficult for broadcasters to get the formatting correct for 16:9 SD if that's the format the broadcaster chooses ....

If the scan is 16:9 and the active format is somewhere below this at usually 4:3, you use pillar-box with matte bars on the sides. If the scan and the active format are both 16:9, then the image is shown full screen. If the active format is greater than 16:9 like say a 2.37:1 aspect ratio presentation, you letter-box with matte bars on the top and bottom.

What's with all these wierd formatting combinations of a 16:9 active format anamorphically squeezed into a 4:3 scan. Or as in your case, a 16:9 active format letter-boxed into 4:3 which is in turn pillar-boxed into a 16:9 scan?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
Well, glad to see that Comet TV or KDOC-56 in LA has finally straightened out the formatting.

It's in 16:9 SD now. Before it was 16:9 anamorphically squeezed into 4:3.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Well, glad to see that Comet TV or KDOC-56 in LA has finally straightened out the formatting.

It's in 16:9 SD now. Before it was 16:9 anamorphically squeezed into 4:3.

They haven't fixed it on WSMH 66.3 as of yet. Still showing as 4:3 480i, yet it's not right. If I use my Aspect button and switch to 16:9, it widens out properly since it's really a 16:9 format to start with.

FYI I haven't visually confirmed the change, but my cable bill says Comcast (Central Indiana) will carry WTTV 4.3 Comet on channel 424.
Currently, this channel carries "WTTV 4.2" which is a mish-mash of reruns of syndicated shows that Tribune (WXIN/WTTV) holds the rights to, some of which are rerun on 4.2 on a one day delay, and others of which are shown only on 4.2. It came about because WTTV was a CW station before it picked up CBS and pretty much ran as an independent outside of the 3 hours of CW.
Comcast implied that they made the change at WTTV's request. It may well be preferable to carry a national network rather than a bunch of syndicated shows.
Until (at the last minute) WISH bought the CW affiliation, WTTV 4.2 would have been the new home of the CW network (and all the other syndicated product) formerly seen on WTTV 4.1. By the time WISH bought the CW contract, WTTV 4.2 had already secured cable distribution, and admittedly they had already planned 21 hours a day of programming for it, so they found more syndicated product to fill those hours and went with it.
I think they've also rarely carried a few of the WGN Chicago syndicated sports games on 4.2 (such as the Blackhawks) before WISH bought the entire package. I wonder if the fact they're pulling 4.2 off of cable means the end for it. On the other hand, if they truly had intended to drop it entirely in favor of Comet, then they could have just launched Comet on 4.2 instead of 4.3.

FYI I haven't visually confirmed the change, but my cable bill says Comcast (Central Indiana) will carry WTTV 4.3 Comet on channel 424.
Currently, this channel carries "WTTV 4.2" which is a mish-mash of reruns of syndicated shows that Tribune (WXIN/WTTV) holds the rights to, some of which are rerun on 4.2 on a one day delay, and others of which are shown only on 4.2..

seems odd that they would drop a station. Usually cable will carry all the subchannels from a station and not "pick and choose". Here in Minneapolis the only subs Comcast doesnt carry are the Ion subs (Qubo, IonLife) but they carry all the other subs.

seems odd that they would drop a station. Usually cable will carry all the subchannels from a station and not "pick and choose". Here in Minneapolis the only subs Comcast doesnt carry are the Ion subs (Qubo, IonLife) but they carry all the other subs.
I agree, but for example, Comcast also doesn't carry WRTV 6.4 Escape, despite carrying 6.2 HTSN and 6.3 Laff. They don't carry WHMB 40.2 WHT either, but as I've said before, WHT duplicates so many shows with WHMB that I don't blame Comcast in that case.

I agree, but for example, Comcast also doesn't carry WRTV 6.4 Escape, despite carrying 6.2 HTSN and 6.3 Laff. They don't carry WHMB 40.2 WHT either, but as I've said before, WHT duplicates so many shows with WHMB that I don't blame Comcast in that case.
DIdnt 6-4 just get added recently? Maybe they havent reached an agreement yet.
I know Comcast here in Minneapolis took about 5 months to add Decades after it launched (back in March)

Reactions: jegrant
Comet is on in a few more cities
WGTQ-DT3 8-3 AND WTOM-DT3 4-3 in the Sault ST Marie, MI area (they are sister stations that carry both ABC & NBC)