Curious question, are Disney XD and Disney Junior ever going to be in HD on Dish?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
It doesn't affect me given that I have DirecTV now, but I'm curious. They negotiated last spring and Dish is now again broadcasting some of Disney stations again in HD and now has Disney Junior as well. But out of curiosity, why don't they carry Disney XD and Disney Junior in HD?

XD in HD would be great for some of its older and current program in HD. Also, is not the new Star Wars series going to air on XD? It would be sad if we don't have XD in HD by then as I plan to at least view the first episodes to see if I like it.

Reactions: TheKrell
Like I posted when Disney first came back, I am hearing that Disney XD HD would be coming back in the fall after they open up some space. They know about the upcoming Star Wars show and know people want to see it in HD.

Now have those plans changed or not, I don't know.

I have heard no plans of Disney Jr in HD.

Like I posted when Disney first came back, I am hearing that Disney XD HD would be coming back in the fall after they open up some space. They know about the upcoming Star Wars show and know people want to see it in HD.

Now have those plans changed or not, I don't know.

I have heard no plans of Disney Jr in HD.

Thanks for the info. Yes, you did mention from the start the XD was going to be HD, and I think that's why so many people are still inquiring. Glad to hear they know about the new Star Wars series wanting to be viewed in HD. And thanks again for reminding us that you don't know if those plans have changed. Your contribution to the thread was great. Thanks, again, Scott.

If you have a Roku, Disney XD is on there and in HD, should be able to sign in with your Dish Service.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: kingjay
Don't bother with other devices. The Apple TV 3 is the only device that can play and maintain the Watch Disney channels in HD. I use it quite often for Disney XD. Other devices like the Roku drop down to SD and the Fire TV never goes to HD and looks like SD mud.

What little I have used the roku for dis xd, it has been very good hd quality.This is on a roku3 hardwired,60mb internet.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Pretty sad when many of us are paying north of $100 a month, that we are reduced to watching a channel from a major broadcaster in compressed SD on Dish, or dicking around trying to watch it on an ancillary service that may or may not be in something approximating HD. Just sayin'. ;)

Reactions: Benyth
And get, would cost more if we had all those channels in hd. That's what the original Disney hd dispute was all about. Disney wanted extra fees for their hd channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)