Current Non DVR Direct TV Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
According to my cart build and chat the only reoccurring fee was $6.50. I specifically asked about an HD fee and he said the only fee would be the $6.50. Remember this is not a DVR receiver...maybe the $10 HD fee applies to DVR receivers only. I just hate these guys..full of deception.

Only if you pay the $10/month hd fee, but if you live in an area that only gets their local channels in hd, then you don't pay.

Only if you pay the $10/month hd fee, but if you live in an area that only gets their local channels in hd, then you don't pay.
I can't get locals in my area...so I wonder how I am categorized. I looked and can't find a $10 HD fee to build in my cart.

I can't get locals in my area...so I wonder how I am categorized. I looked and can't find a $10 HD fee to build in my cart.
I believe the $10 HD fee no longer applies to new customers, but you will pay $6.50 for your first receiver and you won't get that credited back either. Now if you decided you wanted a DVR then you would be charged a $15 advance receiver fee(includes dvr and whole home)

Older customers would be charged the $10 HD fee but the $6.50 first receiver fee would be waived. Also old customers DVR fee is $10, and whole home is $3

You are correct satgirl51, under the new fee structure, new customers pay $6.50/month for each box like I said, but they also pay $15/month for hd/dvr service. If you only have an hd box and no dvr, I'm not sure how that works.

You are correct satgirl51, under the new fee structure, new customers pay $6.50/month for each box like I said, but they also pay $15/month for hd/dvr service. If you only have an hd box and no dvr, I'm not sure how that works.

From Directv website:

Is there a fee for DVR and HD Services?
Print
Email.png
Email
Yes, but the fee structure varies depending on when you signed up for your DIRECTV Service®.
Please select one of the options below for more details.

Accounts created on or after July 24, 2014

Fees/Frequency Explanation

Advanced Receiver Service $15.00/mo This service unleashes the full power of your DIRECTV receiver, including HD channels, DVR recording, the ability to record and watch in any room (requires Genie Whole-Home Setup), access to thousands of On Demand shows and movies, live TV on your iPad®, and more. It applies to customers who order the following receivers: HD DVR, Genie, and TiVo HD DVR.

Please note:
If you order a standard HD Receiver, the Advanced Receiver Service fee does not apply.

TV Fee $6.50/mo per receiver or Genie Mini As technology becomes more advanced, these monthly fees allow us to provide the latest equipment with minimal upfront cost to you. Plus, they allow us to keep our monthly fees low.

Does that mean you pay $10/month for the hd service for an hd receiver?

Does that mean you pay $10/month for the hd service for an hd receiver?
If you follow the above link, there is a table that makes it more clear. What's so confusing is it's a lot different than it used to be.

New customers pay $6.50 for each box, no matter what it is. First box is no longer free. There is one $15 fee if there are any DVRs on the account (wouldn't apply to the OP). So the OP only pays $6.50.

For old customers, the fees are much more complicated.

If you follow the above link, there is a table that makes it more clear. What's so confusing is it's a lot different than it used to be.

New customers pay $6.50 for each box, no matter what it is. First box is no longer free. There is one $15 fee if there are any DVRs on the account (wouldn't apply to the OP). So the OP only pays $6.50.

For old customers, the fees are much more complicated.
Yes it is confusing.

I have a genie dvr so my fee's are $10 hd, $10 dvr, and $3 whole home, first receiver is free = $23
If I was a new customer it would only be $15 + $6.50 = $21.50

New customers get it cheaper, as usual the old loyal customer gets screwed :)

I asked agent on chat and he had to check for me about the model number. He came back later and said it was an H20...don't even know if this is high def or not. Didn't have to much confidence in agent.

An H20 is highly unlikely. Nobody but the tech on site at your house can tell you what receiver you will get. Probably an H24 or H25. Worst case scenario may be an H23, those have been coming thru periodically.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Software

Commercial jump not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)