DD+ at 1.5 seems to be the gold standard.

And..?
I have both as well. Now what?
Good for you.
Just don't shove sh!t you have no clue about, like DD+ 640 on most HD DVD...

Diogen.

Well seems like if you have both you should know most of the stuff you say about SQ on blue ray is FUD! So seems to me your full of sh!t??:eureka

You know I doubt you could find a post where I said one was "better" than the other. The VC-1 video is equal. TrueHD gives you an uncompressed PCM equivalent and in many movies DD+ is undistinguishable from the master. HD DVD is the cheaper, more efficient full featured format. Every player meets all specs. BD is an expensive crap shoot on that. Both are capable of giving you the same picture and same sound.

Not only do i not remember this. I also remember before both formats we both thought blue ray would be better!! In fact i was so upset with the PQ of blu ray at first i would not rent or buy a movie!! Thank goodness things are looking up!:up I just think it's silly I know for a fact a lot of people like DTS over Regular DD.. So why can't we like True HD or PCM better then DD+?? I know for a fact I DO and MANY other do also. Not ripping HD DVD Not pushing Blu ray!! I LOVE HD! On my set uo Blu ray sounds better!:up

Well seems like if you have both you should know most of the stuff you say about SQ on blue ray is FUD! So seems to me your full of sh!t??:eureka
So, what exactly did I say about SQ on BD that offended you so much?

Who was ever arguing about the "right to like" one sound over another? By all means...
Just when trying to "prove" that one soundtrack is better than the other, don't go Joe's way inventing facts you know nothing about...:)

Diogen.

EDIT: Looking back at your older posts, you seem to use a 360 with the HD DVD add-on to play HD.
If this is still true, you actually have no clue what DD+ sounds like: the 360 is re-encoding the HD soundrack
into regular DD, DTS or WMA Pro. And if your receiver can't decode WMA Pro over SPDIF, DTS 1.5Mbps is the best you can have.

Last edited:
If you are talking about hardware wise, Its like comparing a Pioneer TV (Blu-ray) vs Vizio TV (HD-DVD).
More ***** from you vurbano, **** you got a PS3 and it has a good Blu-ray player, a video game system, and you think thats expensive? You are full of it.
You are in denial. The standalone BD players are at least 100-200 dollars higher than the HD DVD players.

Diogen, before you start with me again, please show me a post where I made up the facts please. You sir are the biggest FUD master of them all. At least when I state something I back it up -- you just keep foaming.

Diogen , tis the Xmas season and I will turn the other cheek. You were right about the MPEG4 on HD-DVD -- it has been used a few times. However, you were wrong when you suggested that there is no differance between DD5.1+ and any lossless audio codec.

High-Def FAQ: Uncompressed vs. Lossless Audio | High-Def Digest

Are you ready to admit to that or are you too perfect?

Last edited:
What It Boils Down To"Apprehensions about lossless compression being inferior to an uncompressed version of the same soundtrack are not borne out by the facts. One methodology may have technical advantages over the other in terms of space savings, but the end result is the same whether the disc you buy has an uncompressed soundtrack or a lossless one. They're both equally good,..."

Are you ready to admit to that ...
But of course.
Honestly, I don't hear the difference between 256kbps MP3 and original CD.
And DD+ mathematically is not lossless, hence I believe there is a difference and somebody's ear can hear this.

I never ever argue taste, preferences, abilities. Never will. Keep your factual arguments sound and we'll never cross paths.

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)