Did you get any incentives to stay with Dish during AMC removal?

Incentives to stay with Dish

• Total voters

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I got many $10.00 credits for a year on one account & 6 months on the other, 1/2 price premium packs I wanted, a roku player for two of my accounts and $35.00 credits for buying a season pass for two of my accounts as well. I didn't have to buy a season pass at all. I got the first episode of Walking Dead for free and we got AMC back before the second episode started , so I cancelled the pass.

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
The Roku and one time credit for Breaking Bad. Just got a new ISP and will get an input device to expand number of HDMI inputs I have soon. I already have all 4 of my inputs full on my Yamaha 7.1 AVR.

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
3 months of $10 credits, plus a month of Showtime, if memory serves.

Don't know why my offer was so low when I have AT250. Perhaps they noted my box never watches IFC or We, and only watches Mad Men on AMC.

I also never threatened to leave. I just noted that the replacements for IFC and We were channels I already had.

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
Just to be clear, the things I received were given to me when I voiced my displeasure. At no point did I make any threats to cancel or ask for anything. I just had civil conversations about what was going on, and they did what they felt was fair. Like I said before, the way they handled this take down far exceeded any expectation I had. I know people have gotten more or less, but for me, they are in my good graces that is for sure.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
3 months of $10 credits, plus a month of Showtime, if memory serves.

Don't know why my offer was so low when I have AT250. Perhaps they noted my box never watches IFC or We, and only watches Mad Men on AMC.

I also never threatened to leave. I just noted that the replacements for IFC and We were channels I already had.

I'm not sure they have any way of knowing if you watch the channels or not. I think it mostly depends on the level of programming, amount of equipment and being on autopay. The reason I was able to get the credits I did was because I knew what others were getting and I told Dish that what I would like to get if possible. The first level CSR transferred me to the retention department where they have the ability to offer a lot more.

I have technically only been a customer with Dish for two years but have been able to get about any credit I've asked for. It's mostly do to the fact that I subscribe to about everything they offer, have multiple receivers and my bill is autopay with paperless billing. When I pay $160 a month they are pretty nice to me.

bilbravo

Dec 23, 2008
Baltimore
Roku 2 XD box, $35 credit, and HBO half off for a year when Breaking Bad premiere was missed. $35 credit and half off my multi-sports package for 6 months when I missed Walking Dead premiere. I did use the credit to get the shows on Amazon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)