Direct tv HD DVR Gennie34 Remote ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
I hope you can help me I got a Direct tv HD DVR34 Gennie am not sure I was given the right remote could you post the remotes you could use with the Direct tv HD DVR34 Gennie please

Any Directv remote will work with it. Which model number did you get?

raoul5788 Any Directv remote will work with it you said I have a Direct tv HD DVR34 I was told only certain remotes you could use do you have remote names for me

All Directv remotes will work with the HR34. What model number remote do you have?

jdspencer I have RC65rx are their other remotes which will work with the direct tv DVR hd 34

That remote works fine with the HR34, either ir or rf. You haven't told us what's wrong with the one you have.

Last edited:
raoul5788 RC65rx record buttons to little I was told theses could work DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71

I'm having trouble understanding what you are saying. Punctuation works wonders.

raoul5788 sorry I am a disabled person hard to type sometimes the RC65rx record buttons are to little for me to use I was told theses remotes could work DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71

Like I said, any of the Directv remotes will work with any Directv receiver/dvr. They are all physically the same though. There was a large button Directv remote called the RC32BB, but it's discontinued. It may still be available somewhere, but I don't know where. There are universal ones available. Maybe this one will fit the bill:http://www.homecontrols.com/Flipper...00cm0FLA22V1&gclid=CLS-7evlgLgCFQ1xQgodl2oAUA

raoul5788 I was told theses are the only ones which work with the DVR hd34 'http://www.weaknees.com/directv-universal-remote.php

Those will work, but so will any Directv branded remote. Not all are capable of rf, but all will work in ir mode.

raoul5788 I have white hd20 remote I could not program it could it be programmed for the direct tv dvfhd34 ?

The rc71 is the oem remote for the HR44, not the HR34. It will control the Hr34 by IR, but not RF, since the HR44 now uses a new RF frequency.

If the rc65rx doesn't control your hr34 using IR codes 00001 through 00008. Then the HR34 is in RF mode, tr the following:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of the Receiver ID #(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment
6. press SELECT

Will the DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 work with the DVRhd34

raoul5788 which is the better remote DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 ?

raoul5788 which is the better remote DIRECTV TiVo Remote for THR22 or HR2X DVRs DIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 ?

What do you want the remote to do? I believe that the DIRECTiVo remote is for the THR22 only. the RC71 remote is for the HR44 Only. The remote you have should work just fine.

royrdsjr I am a disabled person the standard remote buttons to close together I do also have a the standard TIVO along with the DVRhd34 the standard TIVO remote works great for me is thec THR22 remote. like standard TIVO remote dose all the buttons work when you program the THR22 for the DVRhd34 or is the RC71 better

A standard tivo remote willl not control the HR34 or THR22, or any Directv receiver currently available. Sorry. If you want tivo peanut to control the HR34, you need to purchase real THR22 peanut from Directv.com. Under remotes look for RF tivo remote for sale.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)