Direct Tv Hd Reception Kaput!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ERNIE PAUL

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2004
Need Advice,complained Of Low Signal Strength On Sat C 110 Deg .w/ Digitalization And Audio Breakup On Discoveryhd And Hdnm Transponder.all Other A/b/c Signals Were Delivering Strong S/s 90-100 With My Chanellmaster Gainmaster 75 Cm Dish..direct Tv Dispatched A Service Team To My Home Last Saturday Am.they Spent Several Hours Messing With The Multi Switch/swapping Receiver Powered Switch With A Line Powered Model replacing Input Terminals Of the Multiswitch Etc.their Frustration Developed! Finally They Put Up The Ladder.when They Wiggled The Wiring From The Sat C Lnb B/c Combiner Unit The S/s Immediatly Jumped To A High Reading With The Discoveryhd/hdnm Transponders.they Were Confused By The Fact That I Had This Satc Kit And The B/c Combiner.they Had Never Seen A Gainmaster Dish Set Up Before??they Replaced The Connectors That Were Found To Have Water Ingress/corrosion Problems And Left My Home.upon Their Leavin I Noticed That I Now Had No Local chanell Sat Reception.the Even/odd Tansponders,i Do Not Know Which? Were Not Being Received.i Returned A Call To Direct Tv,they Contacted The Service Co To Return And Correct The Problem That Afternoon.the Returned At 3:30pm.messed With The Wiring Again.no Luck!called Their Supervisor In Frustration,complained Of The Channelmaster "mongrel" Dish,by The Way Is Superoir To Any Direct Tv Dish Out There!no Rain Fade!6db Gain,anyway The Supervisor Advised Them To Install A Standard Dish With The Combined Lnb Units.against My Better Judgement But Late In The Day And I Wanted Progress!new Dish Got My Locals Back.signal Strength Was Good On All 3 Locations A/b/c 85s/s-95s/s Ok But Not As Great As The Gainmaster Dish.in A Rush The Service Tech.left The Scene Assuming That My Problem Was Repaired With The New Dishlnb Setup.my Checking Of The System Now Revealed The Inability To View Any Hd Channels.shoh/hboh/hdn/disch/hdnm/etc.what Now!my Only Original Gripe Was Low Signal On Hdnm/dischd.a Real Horror Show Between Contacting Direct Tv/visiting My Local Tweeter Store For A Test Hd Receiver,which Proved That The Problem Was Not In My Reciever.awaiting Another Visit From The Servic Eteam On Saturday 6/29/04 Am.i Cant Wait!what A Joke!it Appears These Service People Are Only Trained In Installation.troubleshoot-forget It! Any One Got Any Ideas? Ive Got Some Great Ones But Cannot State On This Website Out Of Respect To Our Membership.sorry For The Never Ending Story,im Afraid It Is Not Over Yet! Ernie

All Hd Reception Kaput!

Salem.nh 03079 Went On Roof Last Nite.new Sat Dish Has A Combo 3 Lnb Setup With A Self Contained Multi Switch.the Four Leads Run To My Inside Chanellmaster Multi Switch?wondering If This Is The Problem.my Gainmaster Dish Setup Had The Individual 3 Lnb's Including The Sat-c Kit With The B-c Combiner Module Connection.have Purchased A Replacement Sat- C Kit And Will Install On My Original Dish,realign And Connect Per Instructions.direct Tv Service Due Sat Am.rainout Possible?i Will Decline If Same Repair Tech.shows Up! Noticed The New Dish Set Up Did Not Even Have The Lnb Module Secured.it Was Just Stuck Inside The Boom Withiut The Securing Hardware, Thanks For The Response.ernie

Hd Reception Kaput!

The Original B/c Combiner Module Has Been Removed From The System. Thanks, Ernie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)