Direct TV On Demand - Nothing free???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffincolo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 3, 2006
What is the deal with Direct TV On Demand? 3.99 for Karate kid? I thought there were supposed to be thousands of free movies but the only ones I see are from the channels I already have and could more easily record them than download from the internet. Everything else costs $$$. I was expecting something more like what Comcast has with tons of free movies and content outside of the programming guide offered on demand.

Jeff

jeffincolo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 3, 2006
Movies and programming that I don't already get on the channels I pay for. Are you getting something free besides that?

JerseyMatt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 17, 2010
Midwest
On your DVR, go into the guide and type in channel 1000 and scroll from there. You'll see plenty.. :) What you're seeing now is just the PPV.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
there are options to sort out the paid for content . in total if you really look 80 percent of ondemand is free . If your doing it via intnernet you have the full catalog if via satellite then you have a much more limited ondmeand catalog.

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
there are options to sort out the paid for content . in total if you really look 80 percent of ondemand is free . If your doing it via intnernet you have the full catalog if via satellite then you have a much more limited ondmeand catalog.

How do you sort out the paid-for content? I'd like to see just the free stuff but I'd say 90% of the items in my on demand stuff has a "$" next to it. I'm connected to the Internet. Thanks.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
the only things I see that have a $ next to them are the new movies and the adult ones

most everything else is free

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I love seeing some of the older music videos on VH1 classic (1337). Some stuff I havent heard in a while...noticed on AMC they had a bunch of 3 stooges stuff...woo hoo!

To see if a channel has VOID just add a 1 in front of the channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts