Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
shkarter1985 said:
Sweeps months are February, May, July, and November. It's been a hectic week of a nightmare for DirecTV subscribers like me missing out on Degrassi. More than 168 Hours of chaos. Soon the nightmare be over, and possibly be Day 8 of the Viacom Blackout tomorrow. I hope this won't be the neverending dispute, I hope the nightmare ends. Thanks :)

Chaos? Nightmare?
Really? Wow. Just....wow.

Chaos or nightmare is a bit much.

If tv is that important to you get your episodes online from one of the million torrent sites. Free.

you know i had seen degrassi in the guide for years, but i have never heard anyone mention it before. not until this carriage dispute. now i know at least one person watches it

Sorry I don't do torrent, it's illegal. And for Iceberg, I can't be out of the sun a lot because I've got a skin disorder, if I was out for more than three hours I'll have skin like 3rd degree burns. But I also like iCarly, SpongeBob, Victorious, Big Time Rush, Hot in Cleveland, and The Soul Man.

It's officially Day 8 of the Viacom Blackout still.

Sorry I don't do torrent, it's illegal. And for Iceberg, I can't be out of the sun a lot because I've got a skin disorder, if I was out for more than three hours I'll have skin like 3rd degree burns. But I also like iCarly, SpongeBob, Victorious, Big Time Rush, Hot in Cleveland, and The Soul Man.

It's officially Day 8 of the Viacom Blackout still.

"Torrent" itself is not "illegal". Works very nicely for getting Linux DVD ISO's quickly.

Are these Adults watching these shows or kids that the Adults are using as Baby Sitters ?

We never sat in front of the TV daily ... Saturday morning Cartoons was the ONLY time of the week we were in front of the TV.

Go outside play with friends.

Wonder if these channels are close to returning. They removed all the -1 channels and on the kids mix channel it just says Nick is temporarily unavailable, no mention about the dispute.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G using SatelliteGuys

DirecTV in March was a major sponsor of The Daily Show forthe entire month when they said the show was in HD under it, it said "presented by DirecTV" and as they went into first commercial break it would say "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is brought to you by DirecTV" with the DirecTV logo on the screen followed by a DirecTV commercial

And don't think for a moment that the previous sponsorship had nothing to do with Stewart's rant on Monday night. He's no dummy. Direct has been very, very, good to the Daily Show and JS knows the loss of that audience is a bad, bad thing for his program.

Jon Stewart just speaks his mind. He doesn't let anyone filter him. He took a shot at Viacom which I think Viacom deserved.

I have been in DIRECTV's corner since this dispute has started, but I did not like one thing they did last night...

On their Twitter Feed they thanked another Twitter user for posting a link to where you could view a pirated live feed of Comedy Central (and other Viacom Channels) online. I didn't think that was right and I think DIRECTV should not be encouraging people to do illegal things to watch the shows they are missing.

Sure there are lots of ways to watch most shows and PPV's online but they should not be promoting these links.

My mother who gets the Family package is now getting TBS and FX as well as the others mentioned earlier.Any chance DIRECT leaves them on the package once a deal is settled?

Is it wrong to hope the dispute lasts until my guess in the contest? ;)

Even though I guessed in week after next, I am still surprised it has gone on this long. I personally think that the longer it goes on the easier it gets for DIRECTV to hold its ground since the damage has been done. Viacom on the other hand just loses ratings during sweeps and cash from fees and advertising.

Sorry I don't do torrent, it's illegal.
no its not. And now that Viacom is bringing back episodes there ya go
And for Iceberg, I can't be out of the sun a lot because I've got a skin disorder, if I was out for more than three hours I'll have skin like 3rd degree burns.

who said you need to be out there for 3 hours straight? Plus I gave you other options ;)

Are these Adults watching these shows or kids that the Adults are using as Baby Sitters ?

We never sat in front of the TV daily ... Saturday morning Cartoons was the ONLY time of the week we were in front of the TV.
exactly.

Go outside play with friends.
what are those? Kids now a days think they have 400 "friends" because of spacebook but in reality they may have 2 or 3

I'm not a big fan of Viacom or using the tv as a babysitter, but some of the programming is entertaining and informative. Sponge Bob is a funny cartoon and I watch it along with my kids. Dora is a good, informative and entertaining program which my kids watch. Mtv and its junk programming can go away. I'm a fan of Spike Tv's Power Block, I have purchased and used products mentioned and used on the shows.

With the loss of 20+ million viewers, the longer this dispute goes on, Viacom will end up losing more. D* will pay less than what Viacom is asking. The advertisers will pay less as well because Viacom will want to get back advertisers who left because of this dispute. And after the first weeks rating drop, not only is D* urging Viacom to settle, the advertisers are as well. And its obvious because Viacom "decided" to lift its online blackout and show its programming online.

Last edited:
Wonder if these channels are close to returning. They removed all the -1 channels and on the kids mix channel it just says Nick is temporarily unavailable, no mention about the dispute.
I noticed that too. But I thought the "nick is unavailable" when you hit info has been on the kids mix channels the whole time

What is more interesting is the fact that they are saying it will be soon, but we don't have an exact time yet for the return of the stations. Sounds like it could be easily today or tomorrow that these stations return.
I noticed that too. But I thought the "nick is unavailable" when you hit info has been on the kids mix channels the whole time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)