Directv: New HD

Lol, that guy comes in and posts that like every 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I just switched to D* last month and really like it. I don't notice much a difference in the picture quality myself. D* might have a slight edge, but its really not any reason to choose one over the other. D* does seem to being doing a nice job at adding some more HD latley, which may help entice some unhappy Dish customers to switch. Not having my RSN's was one thing, but when they dropped AMC for what seemed to be their own personal gain in the lawsuit, that was the straw that broke the camels back.

No question - with the added HD channels by Direct they are able to draw more customers. For me they still don't have some of the channels we watch regularly or not in HD, but for many I can see the choice more even.

If we decide to look at returning to a satellite provider in the future Dish would be low on my list, channel drops and disputes, no AMC and when we cancelled they charged us to return the equipment, left a real bad taste in our mouths.

If we decide to look at returning to a satellite provider in the future Dish would be low on my list, channel drops and disputes, no AMC and when we cancelled they charged us to return the equipment, left a real bad taste in our mouths.

Hear hear Charlie the accountant! You are being penny-wise and pound-foolish charging for the return of your equipment.

I agree with you guys about he return equipment fee. I really wasn't happy about shelling out the money for that either. Kind of a dumb move on Dish's part, kicking a customer on the way out the door will make me less likely to open that door again.

DISH v. DIRECTV HD COMPARISON (9-19-12)

I tried to do a comparison, not including HBO, etc. Comments, corrections appreciated. Thanks!

DISH HAS:

BLOOMBERG
COOKING
G4
GALAVISION
GAME SHOW NETWORK
H2
HISTORY iNTERNATIONAL
HLN (HEADLINE NEWS NETWORK)
INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY
LIFETIME MOVIE NETWORK
NFL RED ZONE
OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK
PAC 12 (part time)
REELZ
RFD TV
SPORTSMAN
STYLE
THE HUB
VERIA

DISH BLOCKBUSTER – PLATINUM PACKAGE ($10 monthly)

CENTRIC
EPIX 1
EPIX 2
EPIX 3
INDIEPLEX
LOGO (no HD programming)
MAV TV
PIXL
RETROPLEX

DIRECTV HAS:

ABC FAMILY
AMC
BE IN
BIG 10
DISNEY E
DISNEY JR
DISNEY XD
ESPN NEWS
ESPU
FOX SOCCER PLUS
FUEL
GOL TV
ION E
MEGA
RSNs (24/7)
UNIVERSAL SPORTS NETWORK

DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACKAGE ($4.99 monthly)
SHORTS
SMITHSONIAN

Add Big 10 back to Dish.....or take away from Direct list since both have it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts