DirecTV notices when you disconnect the internet!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you had your receiver connected in either of the aforementioned manners, they'd know what you were watching and how your receiver and satellite connection were doing.
I guess you cant read can you?

Next time read the post before making an asinine assumption

They can't Force you to connect the recvr to the internet and they won't refuse service to you over it.

They don't know if you have Internet in the first place, unless you either tell them or have it already connected.

I don't see the big issue for those that do use the internet, its a benefit for the user in most cases.
If they want to see that I watch my local Sports teams, fine !

I got the letter when I had D* and disconnected the internet. No biggie as I didnt use VOD
How long did it take for them to send out letters ?
Maybe I'll disconnect mine ... maybe I won't.

The room that I have the internet in is being remodeled ...

On a positive note, this means that I do have an Internet connection at my Genie ... sometimes I wonder. :info

I guess you cant read can you?

Next time read the post before making an asinine assumption
Your asinine assumption was that my statement applied to the TS. My statement stands by itself, is true and applies to many. The converse is also true: if someone isn't connected by land line or Internet, DIRECTV can't "survey" them.

Your statement wasn't directed at the TS, it was directed at Jillian, and it was spurious. She wasn't asking what you answered. In fact, she was asking the exact opposite. Should we now have to preview your responses to glean what you really mean?

I turn off my router every night and I frequently get an on screen message that I am disconnected. This has been going on for some time, so they are definitely watching. I am 74 and I do use VOD sometimes. But the reason I have my wireless router on during the day and off at night is for using my laptop wirelessly and also keeping my wireless internet radio on for music during the day.

Reactions: raoul5788
Your asinine assumption was that my statement applied to the TS.
no it wasn't. You responded to Jillian who DOESNT have internet nor phone line connected and you said YES they can track you still. Why do you go back to trolling the dish forums since you dont (or never did) have Directv

My statement stands by itself, is true and applies to many.
well this statement stands by itself too
you are a TROLL!

God its nice not to be staff anymore. Because now I can say stuff like this and not have the "sensitive" people throw out the old "oh your staff you cant say that" bull crap
The converse is also true: if someone isn't connected by land line or Internet, DIRECTV can't "survey" them.
trying to backtrack eh?

They want you connected, as they find connected customers tend to be more stickey customers.

Typical customer may not know why the on demand doesn't work and would consider disconnecting or switching providers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)