DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ive moved so far away (originally from Alabama) that I just about have to sub to the sport pack during coll football :) . Now that Im in Va (hate both teams), Im stuck :(

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Like I said before, there are things still in motion. Some agreements not done or have a "street date" before they can announce them. Also, the PR speaks to 130 by end of the year, so they have time yet. Networks that aren't HD yet but soon, such as some of the HBOs, ESPNU, etc. will go toward that 12.

I read the press release as saying 130 channels in AUGUST, not by the end of the year.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I read the press release as saying 130 channels in AUGUST, not by the end of the year.

Hmmm, you know what - this can be read two ways. Time to seek more clarificatin :)

The title:
130 HD channels on Tap For Mid-August

The body:
Beginning August 14, DIRECTV will launch more than 30 additional HD channels, bringing the total HD channel lineup to 130.

When I read "beginning aug 14" I thought of them starting to add channels and working towards 130.

But your right, the title would indicate "on tap for mid august".

To be honest, I'm not sure. But 130 online by Aug 14 would be nice.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
It says "130 on tap for mid August".

The " Beginning August 14, DIRECTV will launch more than 30
additional HD channels, bringing the total HD channel lineup to 130" could be misleading, but the first one is pretty direct.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
If I may interrupt:

About the BTN, off the top of my head...Got to see Penn State win the Women's National Championship in Volleyball, followed by the Men's National Championship. Loved the Big 10 Baseball games, especially the tournament. Enjoy the shows about the individual programs, lots of Big 10 Basketball!!! The "SportsCenter" type shows during the Football and Basketball Season our pretty well done. I for one, of course being a Big 10 guy, think that for a first year, damn good job BTN!!

Now back to your regular programming

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Press release RSN and date error are fixed.

Now go to the press release and you will see that they fixed it. It no longer says 23 new RSNs.

"Among the new HD channels that DIRECTV will launch next month are Showtime Extreme HD, Showtime Showcase HD, Planet Green HD, ABC Family HD, additional DIRECTV HD pay per view channels and an additional 12 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) in HD 24 hours a day."

DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader With 130 HD channels on Tap For Mid-August

Man, satracer is good. Thank Jason as well for his confirmation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Man, satracer is good.

That made me smile, satracer works in the sports department. So one could say the part the PR department messed up in the release was "his baby"...

I completely expect that he would be all over it ;)

I'm not infering anything, just thought it was funny. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)