Dish Against the World: Why Dish Network Can't Stop Fighting

When it comes to ala carte, Charlie my "talk the talk", but he certainly doesn't "walk the walk". Otherwise the Multi-Sport Package would be available with all packages and not only with packages that have your local RSN(s). And BB@Home would still be available for Welcome Package subs. Remember he made a living playing poker, I wouldn't beleive a word he or his puppet of a CEO says.

it will be like gas prices. after a while, people will get used to it.
Gas is used to:
A) go to work and make money
B) ability to get stuff like food

Gas is a necessary evil in our economy. It is an investment when spent to bring home bacon. Cable and Sat TV? In no way is that the case. I know I balked when my bill hopped to over $90. I'm not more comfortably under $60 now. I both shaved off stuff that I liked and didn't like to get to a price point I was comfortable with. With the latest ESPN bidding our money, I'm willing to give them up entirely (not that I have them with Latino Dos to begin with). Too many channels, not enough entertainment! Individual teams have their own channels, individual sports conferences have their own channels (arguably the only ones that may actually have the amount of product to fill the air time), two cooking channels, two home "repair" channels. AMC had some of the best programming on... which represented a minority slice of their evening programming, forget their 24/7 schedule! It is unsustainable, and if they continue, I'll cut the cord and try to supplement otherwise.

When it comes to ala carte, Charlie my "talk the talk", but he certainly doesn't "walk the walk". Otherwise the Multi-Sport Package would be available with all packages and not only with packages that have your local RSN(s). And BB@Home would still be available for Welcome Package subs. Remember he made a living playing poker, I wouldn't beleive a word he or his puppet of a CEO says.
True, but Dish is still the best option for quasi-a la carte.

Too many channels, not enough entertainment!

THIS has been our gripe for quite a while now! It just does not feel like we are truly getting our money's worth with all the crap that is on. we like the dish equipment, and DIRT is great so we have stayed put.

for some, the family would mutiny if service was cut, and just getting the kids to stop crying for a while is worth $100/mo to a lot of people.

With ESPN signing that huge MLB deal, and what they gave the NFL, they will be asking for a huge increase when contracts run out. It needs to be a premium service like HBO. I would only need it for 4 months of football, and then I could do without it the rest of the year.

THIS has been our gripe for quite a while now! It just does not feel like we are truly getting our money's worth with all the crap that is on. we like the dish equipment, and DIRT is great so we have stayed put.

for some, the family would mutiny if service was cut, and just getting the kids to stop crying for a while is worth $100/mo to a lot of people.
What I meant was there isn't enough entertainment for the number of channels being offered. There could be a reasonable amount of channel contraction, and all of a sudden there would be channels with programming worth watching most of the day. But we end up paying for channels with mostly nothing of merit on for most of the time.

With ESPN signing that huge MLB deal, and what they gave the NFL, they will be asking for a huge increase when contracts run out. It needs to be a premium service like HBO. I would only need it for 4 months of football, and then I could do without it the rest of the year.

Which is a premium they should charge their advertisers. IMO the FCC should step-in and require that all advertiser sponsored programming be distributed free-of-charge to any licensed MVPD like Dish, Comcast, FiOS, etc. Only non-commercial broadcasters are permitted to charge for the programming in which all customers (not MVPDs) pay the same rate. The FCC should then step-out and let the free market system self-regulate itself.

- If ESPN wishes to show commercials they will need to make their channels widely available and sell air time to sponsors.
- If ESPN wishes to charge customers fair market value they need to cease and desist with the commercials.
- If people want to pay $30 per month to watch a commercial-free ESPN...so be it. That's the fair-market price.
- However, if people wish to pay far-less and no longer subscribe to ESPN Classic, ESPN News or the other bandwidth wasters...so be it.

Dish and Charlie I believe loves fights and lawsuits with anyone who doesn't agree with what they want to do and what TV should be :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)